Bought. Pioneer XS07TUHD to rup 4k, RIP??

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Snowy

Bought. Pioneer XS07TUHD to rup 4k, RIP??

Post by Snowy » Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 pm

Hi all, I just purchased a new Pioneer XSO7TUHD with the aim of backing up my new 4k UHD Blu Ray , I just purchased 4 of them with the view to buy a Zidoo player and enjoy some awesome content in my HT, seems the drive is not compatible to rip??

There was ( is ) a forum post here that made my purchase decision, ( not blaming, buyer beware etc(, so I felt confident in my decision, it doesn't work so the question is what's next, I doubt the seller ( retail shop) will take it back, so resell maybe??

I would like to continue down this path of ripping and running a Zidoo, what are my options without going through the process of buying ( experimenting)?? to hope I get something that works??

I've tried to get in touch over the past month or so with MartyMcNuts, but I've not had any response to date, I thought I'd take the proven method and support a forum member, no luck though.

Any feed back or help would be appreciated.

Woodstock

Re: Bought. Pioneer XS07TUHD to rup 4k, RIP??

Post by Woodstock » Thu May 16, 2024 1:30 pm

Considering that MartyMcNuts is on the forum daily, how have you tried contacting him?

"New Pioneer" probably means "built after Pioneer started blocking MakeMKV from accessing UHD".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging

DavoBR

Post by DavoBR » Thu May 16, 2024 1:54 pm

Pick a seller based in your location and ask for advice.

viewforum.php?f=20

Coopervid

Post by Coopervid » Thu May 16, 2024 4:58 pm

Snowy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 pm
Hi all, I just purchased a new Pioneer XSO7TUHD with the aim of backing up my new 4k UHD Blu Ray , I just purchased 4 of them with the view to buy a Zidoo player and enjoy some awesome content in my HT, seems the drive is not compatible to rip??

There was ( is ) a forum post here that made my purchase decision, ( not blaming, buyer beware etc(, so I felt confident in my decision, it doesn't work so the question is what's next, I doubt the seller ( retail shop) will take it back, so resell maybe??

I would like to continue down this path of ripping and running a Zidoo, what are my options without going through the process of buying ( experimenting)?? to hope I get something that works??

I've tried to get in touch over the past month or so with MartyMcNuts, but I've not had any response to date, I thought I'd take the proven method and support a forum member, no luck though.

Retail drives with newer firmware than dec. 2022 don't work for UHDs anymore. You need to get in touch with a seller and return the drives you bought. They can't be downgraded.

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts » Fri May 17, 2024 2:02 am

Snowy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 pm

I don't recall any correspondence from you... I respond to all valid emails, usually within 24 hours.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri May 17, 2024 2:44 am

I made contact at least twice through the website, no big deal.

I’ll take it back to umart and see if they’ll refund, I’m not confident though.

Others it’s a sell online for a loss.

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts » Fri May 17, 2024 6:04 am

Snowy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:44 am
I made contact at least twice through the website, no big deal.

I’ll take it back to umart and see if they’ll refund, I’m not confident though.

Others it’s a sell online for a loss.
Under what name or email address?

I have replied to all emails received. I don't have any outstanding. You may need to check your junk folder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri May 17, 2024 10:01 am

Guess what, you're right and I appreciate it, it was in my spam, I do seldom check there, I missed out on your suggestion.

I'm going to go back to the supplier and see if if they'll refund me, otherwise I'll sell it on marketplace, I'll see how it goes and most likely start again with you. :D :)

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts » Fri May 17, 2024 10:26 am

Snowy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:01 am
Guess what, you're right and I appreciate it, it was in my spam, I do seldom check there, I missed out on your suggestion.

I'm going to go back to the supplier and see if if they'll refund me, otherwise I'll sell it on marketplace, I'll see how it goes and most likely start again with you. :D :)
No worries. Whenever you are ready....

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:22 am

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:26 am

No worries. Whenever you are ready....
cant believe the amount this happens to me too lol
how and why would an email service block a reply from a person they reached out to.
makes no sense
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri May 17, 2024 1:01 pm

I'm wondering if it might be because the return email was from a different name ( to me at least) it was not something my client was expecting, so it screened and sent it to spam.

The return email was from Marty McNuts ( what I imagine) real name or business name, so not what I sent it to.