Great headphones/Headsets for Surround audio (DTS-HD MA and maybe ATMOS as well)

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
WEZZEBE

Great headphones/Headsets for Surround audio (DTS-HD MA and maybe ATMOS as well)

Post by WEZZEBE »

Hi,

Good option heatphones or Headset for DTS-HD MA 7.1 surround audio (and ATMOS if possible)?

Setup now:
Nvidia Shield => Denon AVR X2800H => ??? Headphones or Headset ???
or
4K-Blu-ray player => Denon AVR X2800H => ??? Headphones or Headset ???

Not sure if this is even possible to send more then Stereo to headphones or headset.

Any suggestions as i sometimes need to use them over my 7.1 surround setup when my son is sleeping?
dcoke22

Re: Great headphones/Headsets for Surround audio (DTS-HD MA and maybe ATMOS as well)

Post by dcoke22 »

I would guess your Denon is just sending 2 channel stereo to the headphone jack.

I do know that if you have an AppleTV 4K and a recent set of Apple headphones, like AirPods Pro 2 you can connect the headphones directly to the AppleTV 4K and listen to a movie using Spatial Audio, which makes the audio sound like it is coming from all around you. A good buddy of mine regularly watches movies this way after his kids go to bed.

I do not know if the Nvidia Shield supports something similar.

I know there's something called Dolby Atmos for Headphones, but I don't know much about it.

It seems the Denon AVR-X2800H supports bluetooth headphones, but only in stereo mode.
Stereo mode is fixed as the sound mode when using Bluetooth headphones. Any sound modes and other audio settings are not reflected in audio output on Bluetooth headphones.