Unreasonable Payment processor for Registration

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
silverjon

Unreasonable Payment processor for Registration

Post by silverjon »

Thank you for your recent purchase of MakeMKV!

Unfortunately we were not able to process your order for the following reason: In order to complete your purchase, please provide us with the following information: 1. A photo of your picture ID – we accept passport, ID card or driving license. Please make sure that the ID document you’re sending includes your photo, date of birth and expiry date. 2. A photo of your credit card - Please make sure that the last 4 digits, the expiry date and the name of the credit card holder are all visible. You may cover the first 12 digits on your card with any physical object. Please note that all pictures should be full-size (no crop) and we will not accept pictures which have been digitally edited. We assure you that your personal data is treated with maximum confidentiality: https://payproglobal.com/users-data-protection/ Thank you for your understanding and we hope this will not be an inconvenience for you.

I paid for a $60 license for a product that is free. But I need to verify myself with a passport? I am going to go with NO! I have never had this request even when buying expensive stuff and I would not trust Payproglobal with a hallpass.
Also, I paid with a gift card. my photo id is not going to say gift card recipient on it. So then what?

The other part that really bothered me was they don't provide any type of secure portal or encryption. I am just supposed to send all that via email. Are people still that dumb? I know the answer is yes.

Look, I love MKV and want to give my financial support but there has to be a better alternative to this. I would be willing to mail you actual cash over this.
mrdrummond

Re: Unreasonable Payment processor for Registration

Post by mrdrummond »

Does this happen to everyone ?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I purchased MakeMKV a couple of years ago and there might've been a different payment processor then. I didn't have send a photo of a picture ID or anything sketchy like that. Perhaps because the OP way paying with a gift card, the payment processor might've been requesting more data to prove the identity of the payer.

It looks like you can use PayPal if you don't want to use a credit or debit card.
FirDerrig33

Post by FirDerrig33 »

silverjon wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:01 am
Thank you for your recent purchase of MakeMKV!

Unfortunately we were not able to process your order for the following reason: In order to complete your purchase, please provide us with the following information: 1. A photo of your picture ID – we accept passport, ID card or driving license. Please make sure that the ID document you’re sending includes your photo, date of birth and expiry date. 2. A photo of your credit card - Please make sure that the last 4 digits, the expiry date and the name of the credit card holder are all visible. You may cover the first 12 digits on your card with any physical object. Please note that all pictures should be full-size (no crop) and we will not accept pictures which have been digitally edited. We assure you that your personal data is treated with maximum confidentiality: https://payproglobal.com/users-data-protection/ Thank you for your understanding and we hope this will not be an inconvenience for you.

I paid for a $60 license for a product that is free. But I need to verify myself with a passport? I am going to go with NO! I have never had this request even when buying expensive stuff and I would not trust Payproglobal with a hallpass.
Also, I paid with a gift card. my photo id is not going to say gift card recipient on it. So then what?

The other part that really bothered me was they don't provide any type of secure portal or encryption. I am just supposed to send all that via email. Are people still that dumb? I know the answer is yes.

Look, I love MKV and want to give my financial support but there has to be a better alternative to this. I would be willing to mail you actual cash over this.
I just purchased it today and I did not have to do this at all. I also received the receipt with key immediately, but that might be due to the fact that I did not use a gift card.