website down?

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
dcoke22

website down?

Post by dcoke22 »

MakeMKV.com seems to be suspended at the web host? Obviously, I can still get to the forums, but makemkv.com doesn't load for me.
gfliger51

Re: website down?

Post by gfliger51 »

Good morning,

Just discovered the same thing when I tried checking to see if MAKEMKV was again available for license purchase. I'm guessing that nobody has offered any insight as to why the site is suspended since yours is the only post I've seen? Anyone heard anything from Mike?

Hopefully, someone will post an update so the rest of us know what's going on.
Rancor022

Post by Rancor022 »

I'm not sure where Mike lives but in the US it's currently the middle of the night, so if the site was taken down he might not know yet. I'm curious what's going on as well.
aidalai

Post by aidalai »

Has anyone last beta key, to use during web is down?

Thanks.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

aidalai wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:22 am
Has anyone last beta key, to use during web is down?

Thanks.
Come on man it right in news section like it always is if you can get here you can get there.
It's also on the makemkv reddit
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
gfliger51

Post by gfliger51 »

Funny, I've been to both areas and neither tell me squat. You want to try again - and this time maybe offer something more instead of a cutesy remark?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

gfliger51 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:58 pm
Funny, I've been to both areas and neither tell me squat. You want to try again - and this time maybe offer something more instead of a cutesy remark?
Nah at this point your un help able I double checked before I posted it. The key is still up
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
gfliger51

Post by gfliger51 »

Interesting. Don't know where you're going, but everything I click on just sends me to a Russian-language page I can't read. Thankfully, my key is good until the end of May. You must be using a link outside the ones provided in the Makemkv app help menu.
Koyaanisqatsi

Post by Koyaanisqatsi »

I'm getting nothing but the Russian error page on any URL that is on www.makemkv.com. URLs on forum.makemkv.com are working fine, as indicated by this post. :)
Seth01123

Post by Seth01123 »

I’m trying to download a new version of MakeMKV for mu Mac, another person posted about using wayback machine and were successfully able to download a copy for windows but the Mac link is not working. Any ideas on where I can get a safe clean copy for Mac?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

gfliger51 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:48 pm
Interesting. Don't know where you're going, but everything I click on just sends me to a Russian-language page I can't read. Thankfully, my key is good until the end of May. You must be using a link outside the ones provided in the Makemkv app help menu.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

In the News and Announcements section of the forum, there's always a post with the current beta key.
bhampster

Post by bhampster »

Buying it also helps sort out the beta key issues.

MakeMKV is one of the best software I ever purchased.
gfliger51

Post by gfliger51 »

I would purchase it, however, it's not been available for purchase for quite a while. I keep checking back every week or so, hoping to see that the purchase link is up again, but as you've noticed, the website appears to be down so purchasing it is not an issue at the moment.
wmay911

Post by wmay911 »

Hello,
I am new to the forum and also have noted that the MakeMKV .com website is down. I also have been waiting to purchase a copy of the software but have been unable. Does anyone know about the MakeMKV.net website? Is this a legitimate site?
bhampster

Post by bhampster »

I bought it so long ago, I'm was kind of surprised my registration was remembered after so long.

Of course, when I bought it, it was no where near how feature packed it is currently.