DVD/Blu-ray charter lists

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
DaveB

DVD/Blu-ray charter lists

Post by DaveB »

Hi all. I am wondering where I can find chapter lists for DVD/Blu-rays. This is so when I rio some of mt movies that don't have them I can put them in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
d00zah

Re: DVD/Blu-ray charter lists

Post by d00zah »

I've used this in the past, but you won't find anything recent as it's just an archive, now.

You can download in .txt & .xml format, suitable for applying w/ MKVToolNix, although I've had trouble w/ SOME .xml versions reporting an invalid format. YMMV

http://chapterdb.plex.tv/
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for the info. I am looking for the card with the chapter list that comes inside the dvd/blu-ray now a days.
preserve

Post by preserve »

DaveB wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 pm
Thanks for the info. I am looking for the card with the chapter list that comes inside the dvd/blu-ray now a days.
The site posted does have chapter names and times in many cases, and lists the source (DVD, Blu-ray, etc.) - I'd imagine that they're taken from those insert cards in some cases. It could help for what you're looking for?

I can't think of a single recent release that has an insert that lists chapter names - perhaps someone else can, but releases that have this would be exceptions. I can't even think of old Blu-rays that have this. This used to be a thing back in the DVD era, but it's not anymore... and any chapter lists from the DVD days likely won't help you anymore, as the lists usually contained names but not times, modern chapter breaks could be different, and even the movie timing could be different with things like studio logos, etc. being changed. I don't buy digital movies, only physical - do digital releases these days have named chapters?

Maybe if you're looking for specific movies, if you write a list, some members may be help able to help you.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00