Suggestion - Workaround To Use PayPal

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
IFireflyl

Suggestion - Workaround To Use PayPal

Post by IFireflyl »

Hello,

I'm new here and just purchased the software. I was disappointed to find out that PayPal was not accepted. I properly searched the forum and found out why it's not accepted, and it appears that PayPal does not want to endorse piracy and deems the MakeMKV software as piracy software.

I really don't like providing card information outside of PayPal to anyone, and I came up with a potential solution to be able to use PayPal. Instead of trying to sell your software directly (which PayPal will not allow) what if you install a mod/addon that allows members to "donate" instead? For example:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/

The only "issue" with this is that someone would probably have to manually issue out the product key for the "donators" (unless there's a phpBB addon that can automagically tie the product key in with the "donation"). But I, for one, wouldn't mind a delay in receiving the product key if it meant being able to use PayPal instead of directly entering my card information. PayPal shouldn't reject a payment for a forum membership even to a "pirating" website. There are null sites out there that use PayPal for their membership subscriptions in order to push their pirated content to their "donators".

This could very well not be worth the time and effort, but it's something I thought about and I figured I might as well share it in case someone found the idea intriguing.