SCSI Scambled Error

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
Triggs

SCSI Scambled Error

Post by Triggs »

Hi, My apologies if this is a repeat, I did search and there were several threads but I've still not resolved.

I have just downloaded makemkv, and following some very helpful youtube videos decided I'd like to transfer my physical media to digital.

I have both Blu rays and DVDs and an LG portable DVD writer/reader.

I'm coming to the conclusion that i'll need a Blu ray reader for Makemkv to be able to read them, but I have just tried over 20 DVDs and I keep getting the same error every time:

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'DVD+R-DL HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP57EW40 PF00' at offset '1048576'

I saw a few posts recommending cleaning the discs, but i have and the ones i've tested are all in very good condition. before I go out and spend money on a blu ray reader, has anyone found a fix that will get my makemkv past this error?

Any help would be gratefully received

Many Thanks

Triggs
MikeS_inFL

Re: SCSI Scambled Error

Post by MikeS_inFL »

I just experienced the same trouble on mine, did the same things hoping for a remedy but it didn't work. I did find a recommendation by someone from years ago in this message by Film-fan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm: ( it worked for my predicament, good luck )

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... ION#p76227