Unable to purchase MakeMKV license

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
xucaen

Unable to purchase MakeMKV license

Post by xucaen »

I just tried to purchase a license for MakeMKV but the web site won't accept my credit card. It says that my card isn't bale to do online transactions, however, I use it all the time for online transactions from Amazon, local pizzarias, etc... I believe something is wrong with the web site form.
Woodstock

Re: Unable to purchase MakeMKV license

Post by Woodstock »

Call your credit card company and ask them if they're blocking the transaction from Avangate, also know as "2co.com" (To Check Out).

Avangate/2CO is not a US-based company (offices in the Netherlands). That's a major difference compared to Amazon and your local pizzeria. Your CC company may have locked out-of-country charges.

Personally, I used PayPal when I bought my license, but PayPal doesn't let you buy what they consider "piracy" software anymore.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Bgreuel_60

Post by Bgreuel_60 »

I would like to purchase also, but what type of travel money card will be accepted
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That would be listed on the Avangate site when you get there. The currency and tax information is set based on the country of your IP, and probably the available payment methods, as well. If you want to use a different country for your card (to pay in USD, for example), you might have to use a VPN to access.
smrowe

Post by smrowe »

I just downloaded and started using MakeMKV a couple of days ago. I downloaded the last version available (1.4.2 win) and the application shows as MakeMKV BETA. I attempted to open it today but am getting the message "This application version is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version."

Looked at the website but don't see any mention of a registration key or how to purchase. Please help with a link to get a registration key and what's the currency cost.

Thanks in advance!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Purchase using Help->Purchase within the program, or go directly to the link Help->Purchase takes you to, https://makemkv.com/buy/

Version 1.14.2 has been out long enough that the beta key has expired once already. The current beta key has its own permanent link in the Announcements forum, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
xucaen

Post by xucaen »

I just wanted to follow up. I tried again a couple of weeks ago and this time the web site form worked and my purchase went through.