Unable to re-flash BC-12D2HT, no longer responds.

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
michilumin

Unable to re-flash BC-12D2HT, no longer responds.

Post by michilumin »

So, new here and have been reading for the last few days, and certainly did try to solve this on my own. But I've reached the end of my options from what I can do without some advice.

I started with a BC-12D2HT fw 3.11 official.

I crossflashed the BC-12D2HT to BW-16D1HT 3.10 MK firmware using SDFtool Flasher v1.3.5 from Marty as described. (It seems plenty have reported success with this, and indeed, now i can read and rip UHD discs. Neat.)

However: I can no longer write BDXL discs. Every time I get, for example, in Nero, an "Illegal Disc" message. The same data/image can be burned to the same disc on someone else's Asus BW-16D1X-U drive; and my BC-12D2HT used to be able to burn to these discs. So it's not the image or the media.

I'm trying to get back to the BC-12D2HT firmware, but it seems like now the drive won't respond to SDFtool Flasher v1.3.5. It runs, reports a success, but the drive light never blinks and therefore it never flashes. It just finishes "successfully" and the drive still reports as a BW-16D1HT 3.10.

Basically it will not take any other firmware now.

Is there any way you guys can think of that would let me go back to the BC-12D2HT firmware or at very least, the BC-12D2HT 3.11 MK firmware?