LG BH16NS40 New Burner - can I flash it to play UHD?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
stuffymcstuff

LG BH16NS40 New Burner - can I flash it to play UHD?

Post by stuffymcstuff »

Manufactured date says March 2023.

Literally was delivered today after my previous drive failed so I just want to be doubly careful before I flash it.

Firstly, odd thing with SDFtool Flasher:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

When I click continue I see a box with a Please select a drive dropdown (which doesn't show me any drives even though my new drive is installed and works), but it also says:

MT1959 Platform:
Encrypted Firmware.

Model: BH16NS40

ROM VER: 1.05
Manufactured: March 2023
2023 - 03 - 10

Pretty much a newbie although I did downgrade my previous ASUS BW16D1HT and that worked....

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

-Stuffy
Billycar11

Re: LG BH16NS40 New Burner - can I flash it to play UHD?

Post by Billycar11 »

stuffymcstuff wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:19 pm

Literally was delivered today after my previous drive failed so I just want to be doubly careful before I flash it.

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

When I click continue I see a box with a Please select a drive dropdown (which doesn't show me any drives even though my new drive is installed and works), but it also says:

MT1959 Platform:
Encrypted Firmware.

2023 - 03 - 10

Pretty much a newbie although I did downgrade my previous ASUS BW16D1HT and that worked....

-Stuffy
you can fall back to the cmd commands if the gui fails thats why they are posted in the guide see below
we cant give personalized help to everyone the guide covers everything you need to know
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

stuffymcstuff wrote:

MT1959 Platform:
Encrypted Firmware.

2023 - 03 - 10

-Stuffy
Switch the SATA port on your mainboard to a genuine port of the board - not an additional one by Marvell etc. Or are you using an USB->SATA adapter? Then this adapter is the reason why it fails.

And of course no disc inserted and tray closed.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

stuffymcstuff wrote:

MT1959 Platform:
Encrypted Firmware.

2023 - 03 - 10

-Stuffy
Ensure MakeMKV is installed in the default location on your PC. (C:/Program Files (x86)/MakeMKV)
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com