LG BP50NB40 USB-C cable

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
zshguru

LG BP50NB40 USB-C cable

Post by zshguru »

Hey :)

I'm looking at buying the LG BP50NB40 however according to the description it uses an old-fashioned USB-A cable. The computer I want to use this drive with is a Macbook Pro and only has USB-C. In my experience the dongles/adapters do not work well so I need a replacement cable. Which cable should I get? I don't have the BP50NB40 in my hands yet so I'm not sure what the connector it uses actually is other than micro-usb but which variety? I ask b/c some versions if micro-usb have a split/detent in them (like for hard drives).

Much appreciated to anyone who takes the time to answer me.
MartyMcNuts

Re: LG BP50NB40 USB-C cable

Post by MartyMcNuts »

zshguru wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:51 pm
Hey :)

I'm looking at buying the LG BP50NB40 however according to the description it uses an old-fashioned USB-A cable. The computer I want to use this drive with is a Macbook Pro and only has USB-C. In my experience the dongles/adapters do not work well so I need a replacement cable. Which cable should I get? I don't have the BP50NB40 in my hands yet so I'm not sure what the connector it uses actually is other than micro-usb but which variety? I ask b/c some versions if micro-usb have a split/detent in them (like for hard drives).

Much appreciated to anyone who takes the time to answer me.
USB-C to Micro B 2.0
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
zshguru

Re: LG BP50NB40 USB-C cable

Post by zshguru »

thanks!!