Slim SATA USB enclosure with external power?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
tresnugget

Slim SATA USB enclosure with external power?

Post by tresnugget »

I was thinking about getting the BU40N and was wondering if anyone knew of any enclosures that also had external power. I've looked around and haven't seen anything... Just want to avoid the same issues I've had with the USB LG drives once they start riding 6x.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Slim SATA USB enclosure with external power?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

tresnugget wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:40 pm
I was thinking about getting the BU40N and was wondering if anyone knew of any enclosures that also had external power. I've looked around and haven't seen anything... Just want to avoid the same issues I've had with the USB LG drives once they start riding 6x.
The Vantec enclosure is the best option. It works well via USB 3.0 but even better via USB-C if you have a cable and available port.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
tresnugget

Post by tresnugget »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:08 pm
tresnugget wrote:
I'll go that route.. thanks!
The Vantec enclosure is the best option. It works well via USB 3.0 but even better via USB-C if you have a cable and available port.
tresnugget

Post by tresnugget »

tresnugget wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:18 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:08 pm
tresnugget wrote:
I'll go that route.. thanks!