Pioneer BDR-XD08UMB-S Vs. BDR-XS07UHD - Buying Advice Needed

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
macmasteraz

Pioneer BDR-XD08UMB-S Vs. BDR-XS07UHD - Buying Advice Needed

Post by macmasteraz »

Need a new drive and am looking at these two..

BDR-XD08UMB-S

BDR-XS07UHD

Aside from the price and slot/top loading, is there a benefit to the BDR-XD08UMB-S over the BDR-XS07UHD?

I kind of like the build and slot loading of the BDR-XS07UHD. Generally, I find top loaders to be kind of flimsy and louder.

Appreciate any input you my have!
pendell

Re: Pioneer BDR-XD08UMB-S Vs. BDR-XS07UHD - Buying Advice Needed

Post by pendell »

08 series uses USB-C, comes with a right-angle USB-C to straight USB-C cable and USB C to A adapter in the box. 07 series uses the annoying outdated "Short Slim" USB 3 connector, which is basically if Micro-USB was slightly longer and somehow even more flimsy. And, of course, non-reversible.

Slot loaders are significantly less reliable and more prone to failure due to more complex densely-packed mechanics. A hinged lid is a hinged lid.

Besides those two factors, they're essentially the same drives.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

The xs07 is USB C your thinking the xd07 has the micro b3.0 connector
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

pendell wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:26 am
08 series uses USB-C, comes with a right-angle USB-C to straight USB-C cable and USB C to A adapter in the box. 07 series uses the annoying outdated "Short Slim" USB 3 connector, which is basically if Micro-USB was slightly longer and somehow even more flimsy. And, of course, non-reversible.

Slot loaders are significantly less reliable and more prone to failure due to more complex densely-packed mechanics. A hinged lid is a hinged lid.

Sold over 500 x BDR-XS07TUHD drives and we have not had one faulty unit on testing or return. Have had three faulty BDR-XD07T units faulty on testing and exchanged with Pioneer. The BDR-XS07TUHD is probably the best slot drive I have ever come across.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
pendell

Post by pendell »

asmcom wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:54 am
pendell wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:26 am

Sold over 500 x BDR-XS07TUHD drives and we have not had one faulty unit on testing or return. Have had three faulty BDR-XD07T units faulty on testing and exchanged with Pioneer. The BDR-XS07TUHD is probably the best slot drive I have ever come across.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
Good to know they're of the more reliable variety! Still, in a decade or so I'll bet more of the slot loaders will have bit the dust than tray loaders.
nitraw

Post by nitraw »

Hi, I'm new here and want to get into UHD ripping (I used to do DVD and conventional BDs years ago and been out of touch recently). I'm interested in acquiring a "Pioneer BDR-XD07T CF BDR-XD07TUHD". I've been wondering whether you have to consider things like regional codes as back in the day with DVDs (and maybe blu rays). Also: is there any downside in using a crossflashed vs. the 'real' UHD model?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

nitraw wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:56 am
Hi, I'm new here and want to get into UHD ripping (I used to do DVD and conventional BDs years ago and been out of touch recently). I'm interested in acquiring a "Pioneer BDR-XD07T CF BDR-XD07TUHD". I've been wondering whether you have to consider things like regional codes as back in the day with DVDs (and maybe blu rays). Also: is there any downside in using a crossflashed vs. the 'real' UHD model?
No makemkv takes care of all that be sure to get one from Asmcom if your in Europe or me in the USA or Marty in AU as there is no way to flash them yet so you have to go through us
Last edited by Billycar11 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
nitraw

Post by nitraw »

Hi thanks for your reply! I actually meant to post this in asmcom's thread, must have gotten confused with too many open tabs (and COVID).