ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware downgrade fails

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
bdjones011

ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware downgrade fails

Post by bdjones011 »

I'm not the most technically proficient anymore and there are multiple forums to downgrade the firmware on UHD friendly drives. I have an ASUS BC-12D2HT drive running firmware version 3.12, manufactured in 2022. It is internal SATA. I found forum viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933 and downloaded the flasher and firmware zip file, selected the v. 3.00 file for the 12D2HT drive and get Updating Failure #5. I searched ASUS and I'm understanding it is an access denied error. What is the process to allow access to update the firmware. Please treat me like a noob. I haven't delved into this type of downgrading before and need step by step instructions if possible. Please let me know what other details you need. Thanks!
Snip.PNG
Snip.PNG (14.34 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
Woodstock

Re: ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware downgrade fails

Post by Woodstock »

Isn't that one of the "encrypted" firmware models, which needs an encrypted version of the update put in it?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Try the SDFtool Flasher when flashing from an encrypted FW.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

bdjones011 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:12 pm
I'm not the most technically proficient anymore and there are multiple forums to downgrade the firmware on UHD friendly drives. I have an ASUS BC-12D2HT drive running firmware version 3.12, manufactured in 2022. It is internal SATA. I found forum viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933 and downloaded the flasher and firmware zip file, selected the v. 3.00 file for the 12D2HT drive and get Updating Failure #5. I searched ASUS and I'm understanding it is an access denied error. What is the process to allow access to update the firmware. Please treat me like a noob. I haven't delved into this type of downgrading before and need step by step instructions if possible. Please let me know what other details you need. Thanks!
Snip.PNG
As the guys have said, use SDFtool Flasher. It's the only oe that works with newer encrypted firmware. Also, you cannot flash directly to 3.00. Simply flash it to 3.11-MK and be done with it.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com