Optical drive is not detected

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
sutululu

Optical drive is not detected

Post by sutululu »

I have a 2013 BH16NS40 that I connected to my Win11 PC via an Unitek Y-3324 SATA-USB adapter that was listed as compatible in the forum guide.

The drive opens/closes, does some noise with inserted disks, but there isn't anything in This PC and MakeMKV also says no optical drives are detected.

When I connect the USB cable to the PC there is no "beep" sound like when I plug in a pendrive, but there is no problem with the USB cable since it works just fine when I connect a HDD, also the BD drive worked as well with my old PC.

There is also no "optical drives" tab in the Device Manager or anything in the Settings/Devices tab that was not there before.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Optical drive is not detected

Post by MartyMcNuts »

sutululu wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:25 am
I have a 2013 BH16NS40 that I connected to my Win11 PC via an Unitek Y-3324 SATA-USB adapter that was listed as compatible in the forum guide.

The drive opens/closes, does some noise with inserted disks, but there isn't anything in This PC and MakeMKV also says no optical drives are detected.

When I connect the USB cable to the PC there is no "beep" sound like when I plug in a pendrive, but there is no problem with the USB cable since it works just fine when I connect a HDD, also the BD drive worked as well with my old PC.

There is also no "optical drives" tab in the Device Manager or anything in the Settings/Devices tab that was not there before.
Did you plug in the power cable?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com