are there lg and asus dvd burners riplock free firmware ?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
mantra

are there lg and asus dvd burners riplock free firmware ?

Post by mantra »

Hi
i'm new , and today i have tried for the first time makeMKV beta , beautiful program
i have a collection of dvd and i would like to rip , but most of the dvd burner i have tried have the riplock and are so slow
I have tried an old dvd burner (Pioneer and Nec) and they are blazing fast

most of the dvd burner are LG with a different firmware , like ASUS DRW-24D5MT

I have searched around the forum , but most of the firmware are for blue ray burners

are there firmware for lg and asus without riplock?

thanks , i'm a novice and english is not my native language
take care , and happy new year to everyone
dcoke22

Re: are there lg and asus dvd burners riplock free firmware ?

Post by dcoke22 »

I'm not aware of any firmware for your drives.

However, MakeMKV supports using more than one optical drive at the same time. Turn on the 'Ask for single drive mode' selection on the IO tab in MakeMKV's preferences. Connect more than one drive. Restart MakeMKV. Pick a drive for the first instance of MakeMKV to work with. In the MakeMKV menu, select 'New MakeMKV instance' to open another copy of the program.

Multiple slower drives can rip quite a lot discs.
mantra

Re: are there lg and asus dvd burners riplock free firmware ?

Post by mantra »

dcoke22 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:25 pm
I'm not aware of any firmware for your drives.

However, MakeMKV supports using more than one optical drive at the same time. Turn on the 'Ask for single drive mode' selection on the IO tab in MakeMKV's preferences. Connect more than one drive. Restart MakeMKV. Pick a drive for the first instance of MakeMKV to work with. In the MakeMKV menu, select 'New MakeMKV instance' to open another copy of the program.

Multiple slower drives can rip quite a lot discs.
Hi dcoke22
well if i rip a normal dvd non protected and not of my collection ,they do read the dvd at 10X even more
but if i try to rip a dvd of my collection they start at max 2x , even less ,once they started to rip less than 1x
it's the riplock , maybe somebody could remove it or disable it
I have seen many firmwares for many device in this forum but almost for blue ray
thanks