Pioneer BDR-XD07TB

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
AHZ97

Pioneer BDR-XD07TB

Post by AHZ97 »

Hi there

I had ordered pioneer BDR XD07TUHD from Amazon but received BDR XD07TB? managed to update to the latest version but is it UHD supported? if not would I need to flash if so how please.

Thank you for help in advance
AQ CC 8)
MartyMcNuts

Re: Pioneer BDR-XD07TB

Post by MartyMcNuts »

AHZ97 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:56 pm
Hi there

I had ordered pioneer BDR XD07TUHD from Amazon but received BDR XD07TB? managed to update to the latest version but is it UHD supported? if not would I need to flash if so how please.

SEND IT BACK!!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
AHZ97

Post by AHZ97 »

I was going to send it back , but they are starting an investigation which is going to take 72 hours.

So it’s not uhd supported and it can’t be flashed ?
AQ CC 8)
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/bdr-xd07tb/

It looks like it is not a model that supports UHD. Generally speaking, for Pioneer drives it needs to support UHDs for MakeMKV to be able to rip UHDs with it.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

AHZ97 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:50 am
I was going to send it back , but they are starting an investigation which is going to take 72 hours.

So it’s not uhd supported and it can’t be flashed ?
I can flash it I have a automated pioneer flasher
I don't have a full list of what will and won't work yet though but I'm pretty sure that one will work
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
AHZ97

Post by AHZ97 »

I’ve sent it back now
AQ CC 8)
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

AHZ97 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:56 pm
Hi there

I have had several Amazon customers this has happen to.

Send it back and I can provide you a BDR-XS07TUHD or a BDR-XS07TS Cross-Flashed to BDR-XS07TUHD.

Email for details

uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com

Asmcom
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
AHZ97

Post by AHZ97 »

Thank you asmcom , I have emailed another seller on here who have a drive on way to me. I’ve seen your shop via eBay you have quality stuff.
AQ CC 8)
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

AHZ97 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:40 pm
Thank you asmcom , I have emailed another seller on here who have a drive on way to me. I’ve seen your shop via eBay you have quality stuff.
I am glad you are sorted out. It is a disgrace what Amazon sellers are doing.

There is even copy Pioneer drives being sold on Amazon.

Happy Christmas.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
AHZ97

Post by AHZ97 »

asmcom wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:11 pm
AHZ97 wrote:

Happy Christmas.

Agree, a lot of my friends have had same happen to them, I’m pointing them towards this forum.

Thanks again for your message.

Happy Christmas.
AQ CC 8)
ernnnn

Post by ernnnn »

asmcom wrote:
AHZ97 wrote:

Happy Christmas.

How is it possible to guess if the drive you are receiving is a Pioneer or a copy? I have ordered the Pioneer BDR-XS07TS from Amazon, sold by a seller which is not Amazon itself, and I want to be sure the drive I'm receiving is original or not. Thanks in advance!
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

ernnnn wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:45 pm
asmcom wrote:
AHZ97 wrote:

Happy Christmas.

How is it possible to guess if the drive you are receiving is a Pioneer or a copy? I have ordered the Pioneer BDR-XS07TS from Amazon, sold by a seller which is not Amazon itself, and I want to be sure the drive I'm receiving is original or not. Thanks in advance!
The BDR-XS07TS is not a UHD compatible drive. Please see the eBay link below of BDR-XS07TS Cross-Flashed to BDR-XS07TUHD 4K UHD which is Libre-Drive Friendly. 12 Months Warranty with UHD Friendly Drives, No need to register warranty, we will do this for you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265976501057

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
ernnnn

Post by ernnnn »

asmcom wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:55 am
ernnnn wrote:
asmcom wrote:

Happy Christmas.

The BDR-XS07TS is not a UHD compatible drive. Please see the eBay link below of BDR-XS07TS Cross-Flashed to BDR-XS07TUHD 4K UHD which is Libre-Drive Friendly. 12 Months Warranty with UHD Friendly Drives, No need to register warranty, we will do this for you.

I think you didn't read my message properly :lol:
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

ernnnn wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:50 pm
asmcom wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:55 am
ernnnn wrote:

I think you didn't read my message properly :lol:
I did read your question, but in all honesty, it is difficult to know until you receive the drive and test it.
Once you disassemble the drive, you can see lower-quality parts, but then it is too late.

My advice is to order of Marty, Billy or myself and you can be sure that the drive you order will be okay.

I should add that I did not know about copy Pioneer drives until another respected developer made me aware of this and pointed out how to tell. They are so close in design it is difficult.

ernnnn

Post by ernnnn »

So yesterday I received the drive. And, maybe it was a defective or fake drive, or it was the biggest shit I have ever had. All the three discs burnt with it fails from the very beginning when playing them. I tried burning the same contents using my internal LG drive, and it just had the usual change of layer errors. So, it's being sent back to Amazon right away. Is Amazon selling fake products? Who knows...