Pioneer Slot vs. Top Loading & Scratches

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Konten

Pioneer Slot vs. Top Loading & Scratches

Post by Konten »

I was wondering whether any of you who own the Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD slot loading drive noticed any scratches on your discs?

I've been having some problems and can't be sure whether it's the mechanism or whether they've maybe come into contact with the slightly angled edge of the slot intake where the discs go in?

With these Pioneer drives would you generally prefer the slot or the top loading versions?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts!
asmcom

Re: Pioneer Slot vs. Top Loading & Scratches

Post by asmcom »

Konten wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:15 am
I was wondering whether any of you who own the Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD slot loading drive noticed any scratches on your discs?

I've been having some problems and can't be sure whether it's the mechanism or whether they've maybe come into contact with the slightly angled edge of the slot intake where the discs go in?

With these Pioneer drives would you generally prefer the slot or the top loading versions?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts!
I have both the Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD & the BDR-XS07T. I would say the
BDR-XS07TUHD is the best ever slot drive I have come across. Definately no sctraches on discs from either drive. I alway clean the discs before and after use and have never noticed a scratch on any of my discs I use.

I also sell these drives, see my forum seller page.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387

You should contact Pioneer or ask supplier to replace as I have never heard of this especially with Pioneer which really are so high quality.

Any customers I have supplied are delighted with their purchases. I have had positive comments on the drives in general. They are super quiet and dust resistant. I stock both both drives but the slot drive is the most popular. The BDR-XD07TUHD would not be as popular.

Asmcom
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Konten

Post by Konten »

I really appreciate your feedback on these drives and I think it must be a fault with my unit.

I just didn't know whether I should ask for a replacement or return it and instead get the top loader to be on the safe side.

I've only got until Friday to decide but you've made me feel comfortable about sticking with the slot drive, thank you!
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Konten wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 am
I really appreciate your feedback on these drives and I think it must be a fault with my unit.

I just didn't know whether I should ask for a replacement or return it and instead get the top loader to be on the safe side.

I've only got until Friday to decide but you've made me feel comfortable about sticking with the slot drive, thank you!
Hello Kinton,

When you feed the disc into your drive to you gently just tap it then the drive should pull the disc in?
If you bought from me I would swap the drive no problem, so I imagine your supplier will change it no problem?
I am sure Piineer would be very interested in this problem as I am sure this is unusual and they would be interested in knowing what has caused it.

What date is on your drive is it 2021 or 2022?

I googled your drive model for discs being scratched and could only find positive reviews.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Konten

Post by Konten »

Hi Asmcom,

the drive was manufactured in February of this year, and yes, I just sort of carefully tap the discs and they get pulled in no problem.

I had a closer look last night though, and it seems the scratches only happen with DVDs and not with Blu-rays... I guess they are just so much more delicate... Still not sure whether it's a fault with the mechanism or a too sharp angle where the disc intake is... I've put in for a replacement drive though, and I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for all your help and all the best!! :)
by96$

Post by by96$ »

I a using the BDR-XS07UHD and have had zero issues with scratches. I love this drive. Very reliable.