Looking for UHD compatible 9.5mm internal drive

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
dproton

Looking for UHD compatible 9.5mm internal drive

Post by dproton »

Hi all
Forum newbie......appreciate any support in advance...I have look thru the forum and have yet to find any 9.5mm slot in drive that would support MakeMKV for regular 4K and 4kUHD disks. Have experience using the 5.25 drives with MakeMKV with windows machines but looking now to do some mod with a Mac. Thanks!!!!!
Coopervid

Re: Looking for UHD compatible 9.5mm internal drive

Post by Coopervid »

Look here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634

For best ripping results I would advise a Pioneer drive. If you are not in a hurry please wait a bit. There is WIP to flash cheaper Pioneer drives to make them UHD compatible. If you don't want to wait pick one Pio from the list or the next best LG is a BU40N.
asmcom

Re: Looking for UHD compatible 9.5mm internal drive

Post by asmcom »

dproton wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:50 pm
Hi all
Forum newbie......appreciate any support in advance...I have look thru the forum and have yet to find any 9.5mm slot in drive that would support MakeMKV for regular 4K and 4kUHD disks. Have experience using the 5.25 drives with MakeMKV with windows machines but looking now to do some mod with a Mac. Thanks!!!!!
I have Pioneer Slot drives available that work just fine with MakeMKV. The silver is very popular with MAC OS. Please see pictures in eBay links. I offer 5% discount for MakeMKV forum members, see 1st Weblink below for details and how to apply for discount.

viewtopic.php?t=19387

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265976501057

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265630912065

Kind Regards

Asmcom
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387