WH14NS40 bad burns

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
misfits73

WH14NS40 bad burns

Post by misfits73 »

Hi all,
first post here after reading so many useful threads but i'm facing an issue that drives me crazy.

I purchased the WH14NS40 SVC50 with 1.03 firmware and flashed straight away the recommended firmware etc, all good so far.

My problem is that when using Imgburn to burn DVDrs i'm getting coasters 99% of the time, errors like No Additional Sense Information, Retry Failed - Reason:Invalid Address for Write

I used WH16NS60 1.02MK, rolled back to official 1.05 but no luck at all.Could not load the original 1.03 it had to test.

When it successfully manages to complete a burn the quality is great
At the moment running the official 1.05

Is it the drive that is not good for burning discs or just going faulty?
Any ideas before i bin it?

Thanks
dcoke22

Re: WH14NS40 bad burns

Post by dcoke22 »

Generally speaking, Pioneer drives are the ones folks recommend for burning discs. Everything else seems to fail much of the time.

Your WH14NS40 and WH16NS60, when flashed properly, should be fine for ripping, however.

The UHD Drives Guide has a list of several Pioneer drives that can be used with MakeMKV and will be much better at burning discs.
robertoleonardo

Re: WH14NS40 bad burns

Post by robertoleonardo »

And for what it's worth, after getting two consecutive defective lgs (an ns40 and 60), i jumped ship to a pioneer drive. i'm not burning -- only ripping -- but even though it's a bit slower than it seems like it could be, it's been rock solid reliable. super happy with it.