Asus 16D1HT problem

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Manuel Fantoni

Asus 16D1HT problem

Post by Manuel Fantoni »

Hello to everyone,

I have an Asus BW-16D1HT. I never touched its original firmware (3.00), because I never had the need to do it. In fact, it was able to read/rip UHD discs too.
A few weeks ago, it started to refuse reading ANY bluray disc. And I really mean every bluray disc. It could be a single layer, a dual layer, a 100GB (quad? layer), writable, rewritable, a commercial FullHD bluray, a commercial UHD bluray. Whichever bluray disc you insert on it, it always says "no disc". On the other side, it has no problem with DVDs or CDs. It seems that it is no longer able to switch from red ray to blu ray.
In order to solve this problem, I tried to flash it with a newer firmware, hoping it was a firmware issue. I chose the official 3.02 byte patched and I flashed it with SDFtool Flasher. Flashing was flawless and it now has the 3.02 firmware. But the problem has NOT been solved. I am really afraid it is kind of a hardware issue. I could flash it with even newer firmware, such as 3.10, but I am afraid that would be of no use at all.
It seems like it is "locked" or "is sticking" to red wavelenght. Can someone help me fix it?

Please help me.
Billycar11

Re: Asus 16D1HT problem

Post by Billycar11 »

nah its likely dead
you can take it apart and clean the lasers but it probably wont help
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Manuel Fantoni

Re: Asus 16D1HT problem

Post by Manuel Fantoni »

Thank you for your reply.
Bad news, then. Anyways, I will try and clean the lasers and I will keep my fingers crossed. As it is now, it is completely useless to me, so I will give cleaning a try.