Is the Hitachi-LG BH16NS55 still UHD-friendly?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
xumpa93

Is the Hitachi-LG BH16NS55 still UHD-friendly?

Post by xumpa93 »

Hey there,

i plan to switch from an LG BP50NB40 (flashed with the BP60NB10 firmware so its UHD-friendly) to an Hitachi-LG BH16NS55. A while ago i read that Hitachi-LG blocked firmware downgrades on some recently manufactured Blu-ray Writer with newer firmware. idk if the BH16NS55 is also affected

I know that there is a small chance that i get a BH16NS55 (if it's also affected) with firmware-downgradable firmware (whats a word :mrgreen: )

Do any of you know? Thank you in advance!
MartyMcNuts

Re: Is the Hitachi-LG BH16NS55 still UHD-friendly?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

xumpa93 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 pm
Hey there,

i plan to switch from an LG BP50NB40 (flashed with the BP60NB10 firmware so its UHD-friendly) to an Hitachi-LG BH16NS55. A while ago i read that Hitachi-LG blocked firmware downgrades on some recently manufactured Blu-ray Writer with newer firmware. idk if the BH16NS55 is also affected

I know that there is a small chance that i get a BH16NS55 (if it's also affected) with firmware-downgradable firmware (whats a word :mrgreen: )

Do any of you know? Thank you in advance!
Yes, still downgradeable.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com