Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD Hardware Region Lock Workaround

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Konten

Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD Hardware Region Lock Workaround

Post by Konten »

I just received my Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD and am planning to back up my DVDs and Blu-rays with MakeMKV. I believe the disc region is not an issue with MMKV as it will just grab all the data and not play anything back.

In addition to the backups, I would also like to be able to play the actual discs on my Mac but what to do about the region lock in the drive after 5 changes? Is there any way around that? Can these be flashed to be region-free? Or are there any software programs that would do the trick?

I’ve done quite a bit of searching already but haven’t found anything so thank you for any help you may be able to give!!
MartyMcNuts

Re: Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD Hardware Region Lock Workaround

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Konten wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:58 pm
I just received my Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD and am planning to back up my DVDs and Blu-rays with MakeMKV. I believe the disc region is not an issue with MMKV as it will just grab all the data and not play anything back.

In addition to the backups, I would also like to be able to play the actual discs on my Mac but what to do about the region lock in the drive after 5 changes? Is there any way around that? Can these be flashed to be region-free? Or are there any software programs that would do the trick?

I’ve done quite a bit of searching already but haven’t found anything so thank you for any help you may be able to give!!
I don't think there is any workaround for that.

Can't you play your rips instead? Or use the unofficial method of playack using MakeMKV as the on-the-fly decrypter and a player such as VLC (or other unofficial players). You won't have to worry about any region coding this way.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Konten

Post by Konten »

Thank you very much, I will try the MakeMKV/VLC suggestion when I get home this weekend!! I thought that this might work only for Blu-ray and also that each time I would use a DVD with a different region, it would still use up one of the 5 tries I get before the drive region locks in hardware... I will test and fingers crossed! :)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Konten wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 pm
Thank you very much, I will try the MakeMKV/VLC suggestion when I get home this weekend!! I thought that this might work only for Blu-ray and also that each time I would use a DVD with a different region, it would still use up one of the 5 tries I get before the drive region locks in hardware... I will test and fingers crossed! :)
MakeMKV should ignore/remove region coding.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com