UHD Friendly and UHD official are they same quality LG WH16NS40

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
speedygonzo5

UHD Friendly and UHD official are they same quality LG WH16NS40

Post by speedygonzo5 »

delete duplicate thread
Last edited by speedygonzo5 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billycar11

Re: UHD Friendly and UHD official are they same quality LG WH16NS40

Post by Billycar11 »

speedygonzo5 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:06 pm
I am wondering far as picture goes what the difference between
LG WH16NS40
and
LG WH16NS60

Are these the same quality if I flash a ns40 to a ns60?

When playing disks would I still get uhd hdr ect? Also is there any difference in backing up media? With emphasis on quality when playing disk on a high end tv
Same drive the NS60 just adds an aacs 2 chip.
Also same as Asus bw161ht and wh14ns40
Both are junk
Get a BU40N equivalent or pioneer
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
speedygonzo5

Post by speedygonzo5 »

Well I'm really interested in the LG WH16NS40 drive due to its cost is much cheaper than the others. That aacs chips is it a must have or with a LG WH16NS40 could I copy it and playback with cyberlink powerdvd

Could I access and get full uhd hdr quality that way or is a accs chip a must have to copy

Also I heard I can't use DVDfab with Pioneer would need makemkv?
Last edited by speedygonzo5 on Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

speedygonzo5 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:01 am
Well I'm really interested in the LG WH16NS40 drive due to its cost is much cheaper than the others. That aacs chips is it a must have or with a LG WH16NS40 could I copy it and playback with cyberlink powerdvd

Could I access and get full uhd hdr quality that way or is a accs chip a must have to copy
the aacs chip is not needed to copy or unofficially play.
again i highly recommend ageist offical playback what are your pc specs?

you can playback after copying with power dvd but you can do direct disc playback with vlc or jriver media center with full menus with makemkv integration purchase required.
makemkv is lossless so it will be full quality.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
speedygonzo5

Post by speedygonzo5 »

System specs
8700k 16gb ram rtx 2080 graphics card nvme and hdd I had an older ihos drive that worked but it has sense died idk if it was giving me 4k hdr or not but I never had any issues with DVDfab or cyberlink

I don't understand if there's a accs chip why or how is it allowed to just flash the drive and circumvent the chip? My. Main focus would be on quality but am. On a budget to somewhat
Is DVDfab lossless?

Say I where to get a bun40n would I be able to play through cyberlink powerdvd 21 (already bout the software while back) or. At the very lease would I be able to. Copy the disk then do a playback with a bun40?

What's the big deal with the bun40n and would I need a paticuler type of 5.25 adapter. To. Fit In computer and be able to flash it Is flashing not nessacary with that one? Also with the bun40n does that one work with cyberlink or dvdfab

I'm. Open to. Buying makemkv but if I can use what I already have like. Powerdvd and DVDfab that would be ideal however if makemkv is somehow better quality would deffinatly consider it
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

speedygonzo5 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:47 pm
System specs
8700k 16gb ram rtx 2080 graphics card nvme and hdd I had an older ihos drive that worked but it has sense died idk if it was giving me 4k hdr or not but I never had any issues with DVDfab or cyberlink

I don't understand if there's a accs chip why or how is it allowed to just flash the drive and circumvent the chip? My. Main focus would be on quality but am. On a budget to somewhat
Is DVDfab lossless?

Say I where to get a bun40n would I be able to play through cyberlink powerdvd 21 (already bout the software while back) or. At the very lease would I be able to. Copy the disk then do a playback with a bun40?

What's the big deal with the bun40n and would I need a paticuler type of 5.25 adapter. To. Fit In computer and be able to flash it Is flashing not nessacary with that one? Also with the bun40n does that one work with cyberlink or dvdfab

I'm. Open to. Buying makemkv but if I can use what I already have like. Powerdvd and DVDfab that would be ideal however if makemkv is somehow better quality would deffinatly consider it
Your pc will never be able to do official UHD playback with a rtx 2080 you would need to use the Intel GPU

Other ripers are not always lossless makemkv is always lossless.

Not with your current setup you will never be able to do official playback with an rtx card as I have said many times now use unofficial playback with makemkv.
speedygonzo5

Post by speedygonzo5 »

OK one last question what programs do unofficial playback

And or could I get around official playback by copying it would I playback just fine then? Also I rember at one point the graphics card speeding up the copy process but I don't remember as was a while ago
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

speedygonzo5 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 am
OK one last question what programs do unofficial playback

And or could I get around official playback by copying it would I playback just fine then? Also I rember at one point the graphics card speeding up the copy process but I don't remember as was a while ago
Rip and play the rip will work ok, just do not use PowerDVD. Use a player like VLC or MPC-HC or one of the many others. If you really need to do direct disc playback, then use the unofficial method via an on-the-fly decrypter such as MakeMKV or AnyDVD and a player such as VLC or MPC-HC.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com