BP60NB10 - Reverting to official firmware before RMAing?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
StoryDog

BP60NB10 - Reverting to official firmware before RMAing?

Post by StoryDog »

Hey,
My 1.02-MK flashed BP60NB10 isn't working right. I can send it back to LG for a replacement, but the flashed firmware invalidates the warranty.

Is it possible to flash it back to official firmware? Does anyone have a copy?
MartyMcNuts

Re: BP60NB10 - Reverting to official firmware before RMAing?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

StoryDog wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:20 am
Hey,
My 1.02-MK flashed BP60NB10 isn't working right. I can send it back to LG for a replacement, but the flashed firmware invalidates the warranty.

Is it possible to flash it back to official firmware? Does anyone have a copy?
Is it SVC NB10 or NB12?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
StoryDog

Post by StoryDog »

NB12!
StoryDog

Post by StoryDog »

and incase anyone reads this and wants to tell me i'm just doing it wrong, i'm all ears:

- The drive reads DVDs just fine
- MakeMKV gives me errors on every bluray like: Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP60NB10 1.02 SIM03M4FB1158' at offset '17681022976'
- anydvd hd tends to either just lock up forever while initializing until i unplug the drive, or say
- Flashed with SDFtool Flasher and HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP60NB10-1.02-NM00800-212005070935
- Tried on two PCs and with different USB ports and with external power as well
horious

Post by horious »

Has this issue been resolved? I also have something that I need to send for service.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Sending back to the manufacturers I would probably flash back to stock
Timeout on logical unit on an external drive is either power, bad disc or bad drive.
Just update with the official LG updater you may need to downgrade 1 version to make it update not sure
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
fulcizombie

Post by fulcizombie »

StoryDog wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:10 am
and incase anyone reads this and wants to tell me i'm just doing it wrong, i'm all ears:

- The drive reads DVDs just fine
- MakeMKV gives me errors on every bluray like: Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP60NB10 1.02 SIM03M4FB1158' at offset '17681022976'
- anydvd hd tends to either just lock up forever while initializing until i unplug the drive, or say
- Flashed with SDFtool Flasher and HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP60NB10-1.02-NM00800-212005070935
- Tried on two PCs and with different USB ports and with external power as well
Hi, my experience is that you can't be so sure of what's inducing the error messages you're seeing in MakeMKV.

I have seen that error and my BP60NB10 continues to operate just fine.

The way I got around what you're seeing is I used "Direct Access mode" to extract the desired M2TS files directly. It worked fine this way for me.

For example, I'm burning all of my MAGNUM PI Blu Rays (8 seasons and 30 discs, yes quite painful and time consuming) to my Plex server, all the discs for seasons 1 and 2 have behaved perfectly. Then I get to season 3 and disc 1 and the drive starts puking all over itself in MakeMKV, damn thing needs a bib. I'm a very determined person and thus I tried some of the same things you did, then I discovered Direct Access mode, tried that, and it worked fine. Before DA mode, I tried to burn that disc (annoying as hell) 3 different times to no avail. Same crap all three times in multiple configurations. The I tried Direct Access and voila!

Go figure.

So, I would say, if it's throwing that error all the time, then RMA it. If it's just doing it occasionally, it's probably a wonky disc.

My damn Miami Vice discs are giving me crap too and I'm trying to use DA mode for those too.