BDR-XD07UHD - not detected by Windows 11

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
MSG56

BDR-XD07UHD - not detected by Windows 11

Post by MSG56 »

I just received the Pioneer drive and can't do anything with it. Windows doesn't see it. Even when I downloaded the driver and ran it I receive an error "Target not Found". I'm wondering if I have a bad unit. If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know what you did to resolve.
MartyMcNuts

Re: BDR-XD07UHD - not detected by Windows 11

Post by MartyMcNuts »

MSG56 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:22 pm
I just received the Pioneer drive and can't do anything with it. Windows doesn't see it. Even when I downloaded the driver and ran it I receive an error "Target not Found". I'm wondering if I have a bad unit. If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know what you did to resolve.
Google is your friend. More likely to be a Windows 11 issue than a drive issue.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MSG56

Post by MSG56 »

Could be, but I don't have any issues with W11 seeing my LG CD drive.
MSG56

Post by MSG56 »

Resolved! First, I can't believe how foolish I was not to try the new player on my old laptop running Windows 10. I tried it this morning and it was detected fine by the OS. So, shifting my focus to Windows 11, I ran the Windows 11 hardware troubleshooter from the command prompt: msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic.
this told me that my drivers were not be automatically updated, so I changed that setting. It also said I had drivers that were not installed and that the troubleshooter fixed the issue and I just needed to reboot. I wasn't too hopeful that this would work, but it did! Just burned a regular DVD with no issues. Getting ready to burn my first Blu Ray disk, then will try a 4K UHD disk.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

MSG56 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:29 pm
Resolved! First, I can't believe how foolish I was not to try the new player on my old laptop running Windows 10. I tried it this morning and it was detected fine by the OS. So, shifting my focus to Windows 11, I ran the Windows 11 hardware troubleshooter from the command prompt: msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic.
this told me that my drivers were not be automatically updated, so I changed that setting. It also said I had drivers that were not installed and that the troubleshooter fixed the issue and I just needed to reboot. I wasn't too hopeful that this would work, but it did! Just burned a regular DVD with no issues. Getting ready to burn my first Blu Ray disk, then will try a 4K UHD disk.
Told ya it's probably an OS issue!! LOL :wink:
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com