LG BH16NS55 no longer recognized on Windows

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
n4zZ0r

LG BH16NS55 no longer recognized on Windows

Post by n4zZ0r »

Hello guys,
first of all my english is not the best and i'm apologizing for that.

My problem:
I was ripping the second disk of Game of Thrones (Season 1) with MakeMKV. First file running perfect. But after that there was an error in MakeMKV. Surely i didn't safe the error-message. -.-
I stopped the software and wanted to remove the disk out of the drive.
But it wasn't possible to open the drive. The drive wasn't recognized by Windows. So i opened the drive manually (with the button on the front) to take the disc out of the drive.

After many restarts Windows still won't find the drive. I switched the SATA-Ports also the powercables and already expanded it for a few minuts. Still the same issue.

The drive is a LG BH16NS55 from 2016. I flashed the FW to NS60 1.02 MK and it ran for several months without any problems. I had this problem with the same disc a few months ago but i can't remember what i did to get it working again. The drive isn't listed in the device manager except in the hidden drives (in device manager).

Does some1 have an idea how Windows will find the drive again?

It seems the drive isn't getting some power.

Thanks guys for your help!
Billycar11

Re: LG BH16NS55 no longer recognized on Windows

Post by Billycar11 »

probably the end
you did everything already shutdown and all that.
get a BU40N or pioneer UHD
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
n4zZ0r

Post by n4zZ0r »

Thanks for your answer!

I hoped it is not :-(

Is the BU40N the better drive? Or what do you think if i'm buying another BH16NS55?

They are almost at the same price. But the BU40N needs a cage to install into the tower.
n4zZ0r

Post by n4zZ0r »

I bought a new BH16NS55 (Sep. 2021). It was on 1.05 and I flashed it straight to the WH16NS60 1.02MK. It works with much more reading speed as the last one did but don't know why. The old one was at the same FW :roll:

So far,
thanks a lot @Billycar11 and all the others who are working around with mike behind the scences ;-)