Question about Flashing With an Enclosure

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Brazyhuh

Question about Flashing With an Enclosure

Post by Brazyhuh »

So I was looking to purchase the LG WH16NS40 blu ray drive along with the Vantec NST-536S3-BK enclosure.

Now the enclosure is listed as not supported to flash in the Ultimate Guide. Now here come the 2 possible dumb questions:
  • The enclosure being on the "not supported for flash" list, just means I can't flash my drive whilst it's plugged into the enclosure correct?
  • So theoretically, can't I just flash my drive before hand by plugging it up normally through sata on my PC, then when done, plug into the enclosure afterwards?
I really only asks these questions because, enclosure choices are somewhat limited and the only other size that is available for flashing and in stock, the 9.5 mm one, the respectable optical drive size isn't even in stock no more at a reasonable price.

On top of that, I have no optical drive bays in my case. So literally the only way to use this internal blu ray drive, is to open up the back of my case, plug it up through sata of course, and leave it all open and messy till I'm done. To do that every subsequent time I wanna use the drive is a hassle. Which is I why I need this enclosure.

Thank You ahead of time!
Billycar11

Re: Question about Flashing With an Enclosure

Post by Billycar11 »

Read just above that it will now work for flashing since encapsulated flashing is now a thing that's still there just in case that becomes relavant again like for the pioneers
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Brazyhuh

Re: Question about Flashing With an Enclosure

Post by Brazyhuh »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:27 am
Read just above that it will now work for flashing since encapsulated flashing is now a thing that's still there just in case that becomes relavant again like for the pioneers
Ahhhh ok. Preciate you!