Why you're still flashing?! - Just buy these ready to go UHD drives... [EU only]

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
UHDFan2000

Why you're still flashing?! - Just buy these ready to go UHD drives... [EU only]

Post by UHDFan2000 »

Hi everyone,

this is my first post after reading in this forum for years. Thanks to all members.

I recently started getting into UHD drives compatible with MakeMKV.
I bought a BW-16D1HT and WH16NS60, flashed new firmware and they both work until now... They do their job just fine.
However, they have some problem now and then, which only seems to get fixed when rebooting my entire machine.

That was when I started going back to this forum and looked at the page with compatible drives.
My PC case is already full of internal drives, so I wanted to go with an external one this time.
I started looking on Amazon if I could get the recommended drives, but they were all sold out.

Just out of curiosity, I searched for UHD drives in general and landed on a seller named: TECHPULSE120
They are offering a wide variety of UHD drives and accessory packages for a very good price.

In the reviews, a guy wrote that their external drives are using the MakeMKV UHD compatible BU40N drives, and that he was able to flash one with a firmware they provided him. Never heard of a company doing that before.

So I ordered one of their UHD drives for only 114,90 EUR (120 USD) on Amazon with next day delivery.
I then went to their website and contacted customer support, asking if they could provide me the firmware "which unlocks the drive's full potential" :wink:

I got a response from customer service in under an hour on a Sunday!:

"Just plug in and enjoy :)
We switched to deliver the "friendly" FW on all our UHD drives many months ago, as this is prioritized by many customers :)"

How awesome is that!
For only 130 USD, you can get a pre-flashed UHD drive that's working flawless!

The drive immediately got recognized by MakeMKV:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-04 um 15.21.51.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-04 um 15.21.51.png (181.81 KiB) Viewed 4160 times
and max. read speed is 6x:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-04 um 15.46.26.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-04 um 15.46.26.png (76.05 KiB) Viewed 4160 times
The drive works perfectly for me has a good build quality, is assembled in Germany and the shop is shipping all over Europe.

No more flashing! How awesome is that.

You can find their drives here:
https://www.techpulse120.de/uhd-laufwerke

Have a good one :)
d00zah

Re: Why you're still flashing?! - Just buy these ready to go UHD drives... [EU only]

Post by d00zah »

Community members have been offering this option here on the forum since "the beginning"...

Drives for sale, Flashing Services, where to buy...
elliot15

Re: Why you're still flashing?! - Just buy these ready to go UHD drives... [EU only]

Post by elliot15 »

This looks like a great place for someone like me ( a newcomer) to start. Thanks a lot.
Uche | IT Enthusiast
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

UHDFan2000 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:02 pm
Hi everyone,

this is my first post after reading in this forum for years. Thanks to all members.

I recently started getting into UHD drives compatible with MakeMKV.
I bought a BW-16D1HT and WH16NS60, flashed new firmware and they both work until now... They do their job just fine.
However, they have some problem now and then, which only seems to get fixed when rebooting my entire machine.

That was when I started going back to this forum and looked at the page with compatible drives.
My PC case is already full of internal drives, so I wanted to go with an external one this time.
I started looking on Amazon if I could get the recommended drives, but they were all sold out.

Just out of curiosity, I searched for UHD drives in general and landed on a seller named: TECHPULSE120
They are offering a wide variety of UHD drives and accessory packages for a very good price.

In the reviews, a guy wrote that their external drives are using the MakeMKV UHD compatible BU40N drives, and that he was able to flash one with a firmware they provided him. Never heard of a company doing that before.

So I ordered one of their UHD drives for only 114,90 EUR (120 USD) on Amazon with next day delivery.
I then went to their website and contacted customer support, asking if they could provide me the firmware "which unlocks the drive's full potential" :wink:

I got a response from customer service in under an hour on a Sunday!:

"Just plug in and enjoy :)
We switched to deliver the "friendly" FW on all our UHD drives many months ago, as this is prioritized by many customers :)"

How awesome is that!
For only 130 USD, you can get a pre-flashed UHD drive that's working flawless!

The drive immediately got recognized by MakeMKV:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-04 um 15.21.51.png

and max. read speed is 6x:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-04 um 15.46.26.png

The drive works perfectly for me has a good build quality, is assembled in Germany and the shop is shipping all over Europe.

No more flashing! How awesome is that.

You can find their drives here:
https://www.techpulse120.de/uhd-laufwerke

Have a good one :)
Tech pulse is rebranded Enclosure which is manufacturered in China and assembled in Germany . The company in China provided me some samples in my early days of trading. The quality was very poor compared to Vantec, Archgon and the OWC which is manufactured in the US.

I contact the company to ask them how to remove the BU40 type optical slim drive and also how to replace main PCB if it went faulty.

The video is very funny and I still laugh to this day as it is adsurb the way they showed me how to remove the drive.

When I removed the drive it was dated 3 years old. Please see link for video for repair and servicing of slim optical drive inside this Chinese enclosure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RM_2Dw ... p=drivesdk

The quality of the enclosure is inferior when compared to the likes of OWC, Vantec and Archgon.

If the enclosure fails you just throw away as PCB cannot be changed. To remove the drive the manufacturer show me the tricks of the trade to safely remove the slim BU40N!!!! If the main PCB goes faulty the manufacturer told me to bin the enclosure as the PCB cannot be replaced or repaired.

The lasers are very delicate in a slim BU40N.

Anyway thought I would share as I still laugh to this day every time I watch.

I was quoted around US $6.00 each for a order of 500 cases.

After receiving samples and watching video I did not progress any further. The video is funny those. The BU40N Laser assembly is very delicate and can easily be damaged in post if not securely wrapped.

Asmcom :mrgreen: LOL
Last edited by asmcom on Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

asmcom wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:37 pm

Tech pulse is rebranded Enclosure which is manufacturered in China and assembled in Germany . The company in China provided me some samples in my early days of trading. The quality was very poor compared to Vantec, Archgon and the OWC which is manufactured in the US.

I contact the company to ask them how to remove the BU40 type optical slim drive and also how to replace main PCB if it went faulty.

The video is very funny and I still laugh to this day as it is absurd the way they showed me how to remove the drive.

When I remove the drive it was dated 3 years old. Please see link for video for repair and servicing of slim optical drive inside this Chinese enclosure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RM_2Dw ... p=drivesdk

The quality of the enclosure is inferior when compared to the likes of OWC, Vantec and Archgon.

If the enclosure fails you just throw away as PCB cannot be changed. To remove the drive the manufacturer show me the tricks of the trade to safely remove the slim BU40N!!!!

The lasers are very delicate in a slim BU40N.

Asmcom :mrgreen: LOL
Defiantly not a good removal method if the case needs to be replaced and drive is still good
Those cases could even jiggle lose in the mail and if when you get it you could have a bad connection ruining the contacts over time and then the drive and case are dead
all the other cases you mentioned the drives are held in by screws and the pcbs are replaceable saving the aluminum case.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com