Step confirmation for BH16NS40

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
BonJavi

Re: Step confirmation for BH16NS40

Post by BonJavi »

Yes, I have it from a few days ago. I was thinking of returning it and keeping the BH16NS40, because it is faster.
Curious. With Bluray Disc it does not give errors.

Yeah, but he does weird stuff. It seems that something is wrong when I insert the UHD Drive.

Strange thing I have burned DVD, Bluray 25GB, Bluray 50GB, and the speeds seemed fine with no errors.

Could it be possible, that it is defective for UHD discs because they have 3 or 4 layers? I don't know, I'm restless.

In case of having to go back to the original Firmware, is it done from LG_BH16NS40_1.05_Official_Flasher? Could there be many complications?
Is there a way to test if the drive is faulty?

Thank you very much for everything really.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

BonJavi wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:39 am
The Disc arrived today is the only one I have.

I also have a Verbatim 43888 (Pioneer BDR-UD04) It reads UHD fine. In fact, when you insert the disc it reacts much sooner than the BH16NS40.
I have cleaned the Disk several times. I have no way to clean the drive.
I'm desperate.
When I did the Update at no time did I get an error. All went well. I don't know what to do.
Your cleaning it good with water on a damp very soft lint free microfiber or cloth?
You can always do it with some soap to
And if your really want to rip that disc use a disc polish or car compound or polish not wax they are not the same
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
BonJavi

Post by BonJavi »

It's all so weird... With PowerDVD and Any, it plays with no apparent problem.

I clean it with a chamois for glasses. The Disc looks clean. Is it so delicate? O.O

I'll have to buy another UHD movie, but I think something is wrong.

Any. I have washed it with soap. Continue to fail.

One more fact.
At first, when it seemed to be going well. I was able to copy the movie. But a little before the middle, it was reading at 8X or so and went into [SAFE] X2 mode.

Thanks for the help, but I see black.
BonJavi

Post by BonJavi »

I don't understand. I upgraded to BH16NS40 1.02 DE. He has read me 20 times without errors. Although on about 5 occasions, I have stayed scratching for up to 2 minutes. When you do this, it stays in a file called /AACS/ContentHash002.tbl. But the error has not jumped at any time. I cross my fingers... I've left it ripping to see if I'm lucky. There are also recording tests now. I will tell you tomorrow.
The reading speed of the UHD now seems to be slower. It's going up normally, so I can't confirm it.

Thanks for everything!

Hello.

It was better with the damn UHD Drive. Perhaps it is because the BH16NS40 is slower. In the end it gave errors too. I have ripped 5 2 layer blurays. Perfect, no problem.
Could a drive, read 1 and 2 layer fine, but not 3?

Well, I ordered a movie that comes to me in 4K UHD games. Because it only gives errors with the Dark Knight Disk. I'm hoping it's what you say. Maybe it's the Disc in particular. We will see.

See you soon!
BonJavi

Post by BonJavi »

Hello again. I'm here to consider the whole case solved.

Let me tell you. In parallel, I had requested a change of the film because it arrived with a torn cover. Amazon sent me another Dark Knight movie.

Ohhhh what was my surprise... 3 complete copies without error.... It was the whole damn disc in particular. And I flashed my drive 8 times..... I almost could have screwed it up.... All because of one fucking fucking drive.

Tomorrow I will get another _UHD that I bought, but I can confirm that it was all due to a faulty Disc for WH16NS60, valid for Verbatim 43888.... Billy and the good guy were right, and thanks. It was all that.

Thank you and sorry, I'm Spanish, and san google, it's not that reliable hehehe

Kisses