Little feedback to 3 burners that I use...

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
kuro2K20

Little feedback to 3 burners that I use...

Post by kuro2K20 »

Hello team,
a small return on my UHD burners ! ;)

I have the following models :

- Asus BW-16D1HT (I used SDF Tool Flasher v1.3.3 and the firmware ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014)
- Hitachi-LG BH16NS55 (I used SDF Tool Flasher v1.3.3 to transformed it into WH16NS60 with firmware HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS60-1.02-NM00100-211810291936)
- Pioneer BDR-S12UHT (I left it as it is, and I use Make MKV in its latest version with LibreDrive mode)

So I bought these burners in double copy !!! ;)

I think that in the near future, unfortunately, all prices will be very high...
I strongly recommend you to buy your burner quickly.
Of course, if you intend to buy one...

Also be very careful with Chinese copies !
And yes ! There are Chinese copies of these burners...

All these models are very good but I think that the Pioneer BDR-S12UHT is the best ! ^^
Pioneer is known for its quality of engraving.
But the other burners offer a very good quality engraving.

Finally, I think that in terms of value for money, the best burner is the Hitachi-LG BH16NS55 which can be transformed into a WH16NS60 ;)

Then the Asus BW-16D1HT comes in second place !

You guessed it, the quality, to have the top, you must put the price !

The Pioneer BDR-S12UHT is the most expensive burner.

But it is the best on the engraving plan, but also on the fact, that it is much less noisy
at full speed than the other burners quoted above.

So, if you need to buy a burner, you just have to make your choice...

I hope my feedback will help you a little bit ! ;)
asmcom

Re: Little feedback to 3 burners that I use...

Post by asmcom »

kuro2K20 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:16 pm
Hello team,
a small return on my UHD burners ! ;)

I have the following models :

- Asus BW-16D1HT (I used SDF Tool Flasher v1.3.3 and the firmware ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014)
- Hitachi-LG BH16NS55 (I used SDF Tool Flasher v1.3.3 to transformed it into WH16NS60 with firmware HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS60-1.02-NM00100-211810291936)
- Pioneer BDR-S12UHT (I left it as it is, and I use Make MKV in its latest version with LibreDrive mode)

So I bought these burners in double copy !!! ;)

I think that in the near future, unfortunately, all prices will be very high...
I strongly recommend you to buy your burner quickly.
Of course, if you intend to buy one...

Also be very careful with Chinese copies !
And yes ! There are Chinese copies of these burners...

All these models are very good but I think that the Pioneer BDR-S12UHT is the best ! ^^
Pioneer is known for its quality of engraving.
But the other burners offer a very good quality engraving.

Finally, I think that in terms of value for money, the best burner is the Hitachi-LG BH16NS55 which can be transformed into a WH16NS60 ;)

Then the Asus BW-16D1HT comes in second place !

You guessed it, the quality, to have the top, you must put the price !

The Pioneer BDR-S12UHT is the most expensive burner.

But it is the best on the engraving plan, but also on the fact, that it is much less noisy
at full speed than the other burners quoted above.

So, if you need to buy a burner, you just have to make your choice...

I hope my feedback will help you a little bit ! ;)
Hello,

I didn't thiink there was copy Pioneer burners and now I know there is. A customer sent me a faulty Pioneer 4K Ultra Blu-ray writer 3 weeks ago. He told me he bought it of Amazon and It went faulty after 5 weeks. and apparently the seller has now disappeared of Amazon. I asked him to send me the faulty unit. When I received the drive it looked genuine to me. The drive was a BDR-S12UHT copy. I sent it to Pioneer Technical in Europe for evaluation.

I got a response on Tuesday that the drive was a counterfeit copy and was a very good one at that. However the internals where third party inferior parts.

So be careful, cheap is not always better. Better to buy here on the forum of myself, Billy or Marty. I buy my Pioneer drives direct from Pioneer Europe. Give the smaller sellers your business who offer you great support.

The replacement drive I sold to the customer was £10.00 more expensive, that works out at £0.19 a week for 1 year. He told me he wished he had of looked at this way.

I now offer full 12 month warranty on all Pioneer drives replaced by myself if they go faulty.

Happy Days

Kind Regards

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387