Pioneer BDR XS07UHD

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Coopervid

Re: Pioneer BDR XS07UHD

Post by Coopervid »

Allow makemkv Internet access and try an UHD disc. It should work now.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:46 pm
Allow makemkv Internet access and try an UHD disc. It should work now.
Kindly guide me in steps . What to do after putting 4k disc in drive ?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Show the makemkv status and try to rip it.
rookie2UHD

Post by rookie2UHD »

Hello, have you succeeded to make it work for ripping UHD drives now ? :)
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Thanks for asking . I have not tried to rip yet .
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Umer Shahzad wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:54 am
Thanks for asking . I have not tried to rip yet .
Can you please? Some guys hesitate based on your post. It would be helpful.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Respected ! As stated above that I have not tried to copy UHD till now but surely update about my experience on this platform . Thanks .
andyroochoo

Post by andyroochoo »

I bought this drive today on amazon.co.uk

Ripped a 4k blu ray with it right out of the box.

I'm wondering though if I've paid massively over the odds, at £250. The BDR XS07TUHD is around £90 less. Can't seem to find any difference in terms of spec except one is a top loader the other is a slot loader.

Will any pioneer drive that supports UHD work with Makemkv.

Thank you your answers. :D
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

andyroochoo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:42 pm
I bought this drive today on amazon.co.uk

Ripped a 4k blu ray with it right out of the box.

I'm wondering though if I've paid massively over the odds, at £250. The BDR XS07TUHD is around £90 less. Can't seem to find any difference in terms of spec except one is a top loader the other is a slot loader.

Will any pioneer drive that supports UHD work with Makemkv.

Thank you your answers. :D
Thanks for asking . You can place your purchased in both vertical and horizontal position while XS07TUHD only stands in horizontal position . XS07UHD is durable and able to survive jerk and bumps . It may resist low height fall to floor . Rubber layer also provide shield to breakage . I have purchased this drive in a considerable price of $ 175 a year ago . Delivery charges also added to ship to Pakistan . I am fully satisfied with this product . In my view XS07UHD is far better than its counterparts in all aspects of performance and durability .
PhilipGearSolid

Post by PhilipGearSolid »

I plan to purchase this drive to use with a Mac Studio and a single USB-C 10Gbps cable for data/power, have a few questions if anyone can answer:

- Just to confirm this drive is now UHD-friendly with MakeMKV and there's no need to have it flashed?

- Pioneer's last firmware update for this drive is for Mac OS Catalina, do I need to or should I update the firmware to that?

- In order to use drive specific features (Auto Quiet, PowerRead, etc.) for reading discs it looks like I have to enable them with the Pioneer Drive Utility app. Should I have any of these features enabled or do they not matter when using MakeMKV?

If there is anything else I should know when using this disc drive with an M1 Mac or MakeMKV, please let me know. Thank you.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

PhilipGearSolid wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:28 am
I plan to purchase this drive to use with a Mac Studio and a single USB-C 10Gbps cable for data/power, have a few questions if anyone can answer:

- Just to confirm this drive is now UHD-friendly with MakeMKV and there's no need to have it flashed?

- Pioneer's last firmware update for this drive is for Mac OS Catalina, do I need to or should I update the firmware to that?

- In order to use drive specific features (Auto Quiet, PowerRead, etc.) for reading discs it looks like I have to enable them with the Pioneer Drive Utility app. Should I have any of these features enabled or do they not matter when using MakeMKV?

If there is anything else I should know when using this disc drive with an M1 Mac or MakeMKV, please let me know. Thank you.
Thanks for your query . It should work in windows 10 mode without any problem . I have not tried in Mac operating system . Not possible to further assist you at the moment . Always welcome other members of the forum to guide more about your question .
PhilipGearSolid

Post by PhilipGearSolid »

Umer Shahzad wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm
Thanks for your query . It should work in windows 10 mode without any problem . I have not tried in Mac operating system . Not possible to further assist you at the moment . Always welcome other members of the forum to guide more about your question .
Maybe you can confirm a few things, did you have to flash this drive to get it working with MakeMKV or did it work right out the box for you? Also, did you download the Pioneer Drive Utility App and enable any features on that end? Thank you.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

One must install drive utility software to boost the speed of drive . I recommend to install to gear up the performance . Flashing the drive using unskilled tools may demage the memory of drive , must be avoided . Keep checking the firmware update available on pioneer website to allow latest features . I have seen many comments of people regarding the unsuccessful results of flashing default memory . Indeed pioneer is the best brand till now .
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

PhilipGearSolid wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:35 am
Umer Shahzad wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm
Maybe you can confirm a few things, did you have to flash this drive to get it working with MakeMKV or did it work right out the box for you? Also, did you download the Pioneer Drive Utility App and enable any features on that end? Thank you.
One must install drive utility software to boost the speed of drive . I recommend to install to gear up the performance . Flashing the drive using unskilled tools may demage the memory of drive , must be avoided . Keep checking the firmware update available on pioneer website to allow latest features . I have seen many comments of people regarding the unsuccessful results of flashing default memory . Indeed pioneer is the best brand till now .
boolian2

Post by boolian2 »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:33 pm
Approved software is Cyberdrive PowerDVD. Unfortunately, due to changes in Intel processors, the newest versions of PowerDVD won't even do that.

The firmware in Pioneer drives will prevent reading UHD disks without that (older version) software. And that software won't allow saving what is read to your local machine.

UHD Friendly drives (LG and Asus brands) can have firmware that will allow reading/saving UHD disks. This topic lists the current- and recent-production drives that can be used for UHD ripping, and how to enable it.

Pioneer hardware may be supported in the future; it will require firmware updates.
How is PowerDVD working on my AMD processor?