Pioneer BDR XS07UHD

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Umer Shahzad

Pioneer BDR XS07UHD

Post by Umer Shahzad »

I have purchased this new ultra hd bluray drive from Amazon . Need guidance about its performace regarding ripping .
Woodstock

Re: Pioneer BDR XS07UHD

Post by Woodstock »

Assuming it is actually a Pioneer drive inside (MakeMKV can tell you that), then ripping UHD is not currently in your future. That may change, but right now, Pioneer drives will refuse to allow UHD disks to be read by non-approved programs.

DVD and regular BD, it should be fine.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Respected Sir ! Can you further elaborate non approved programs . Further explain that how ripping can be possible for my drive . Latest updated version of this drive available since 2020 . What should do rip UHD . Need your suggestions ..
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Approved software is Cyberdrive PowerDVD. Unfortunately, due to changes in Intel processors, the newest versions of PowerDVD won't even do that.

The firmware in Pioneer drives will prevent reading UHD disks without that (older version) software. And that software won't allow saving what is read to your local machine.

UHD Friendly drives (LG and Asus brands) can have firmware that will allow reading/saving UHD disks. This topic lists the current- and recent-production drives that can be used for UHD ripping, and how to enable it.

Pioneer hardware may be supported in the future; it will require firmware updates.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Thanks for guidance . I have just searched on the webpage of Pioneer and latest update d firmware available since October,2020 . Can it be possible to rip 4k after updating to latest version . Right now I am using Intel Ci5 4690 processor in 4th generation motherboard . Keen to rip 4k UHD movies but unable to do . Kindly give your precious advice .
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Umer Shahzad wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:21 pm
Thanks for guidance . I have just searched on the webpage of Pioneer and latest update d firmware available since October,2020 . Can it be possible to rip 4k after updating to latest version . Right now I am using Intel Ci5 4690 processor in 4th generation motherboard . Keen to rip 4k UHD movies but unable to do . Kindly give your precious advice .
Not happening with that drive yet
Nor firmware is going to make a difference
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Kindly suggest methods or tricks to rip UHD using this drive . What can we expect from such drive in near future .
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Umer Shahzad wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:02 pm

Kindly suggest methods or tricks to rip UHD using this drive . What can we expect from such drive in near future .
There are no methods to rip UHD with this drive at all right now
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Umer Shahzad wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:02 pm

There are no methods to rip UHD with this drive at all right now

What can I expect in future ? Can it be possible to rip UHD in future?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The answer is, "Possibly, but not now."

If you plan on ripping UHD disks in 2022, the surest way to do it is to get a UHD-friendly drive.

I've been waiting 2 years (so far) for Pioneer support, but I have Asus and LG drives that do UHD just fine. If Pioneer support shows up someday, that adds one UHD and one non-UHD drive to my ripping array.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:39 pm
The answer is, "Possibly, but not now."

If you plan on ripping UHD disks in 2022, the surest way to do it is to get a UHD-friendly drive.

I've been waiting 2 years (so far) for Pioneer support, but I have Asus and LG drives that do UHD just fine. If Pioneer support shows up someday, that adds one UHD and one non-UHD drive to my ripping array.
Hope is still alive . I had purchased this UHD drive from Amazon last year in the month of May and the price was $175 . It is really a quality product . Outer body is in matte black with a silver coloured logo of bluray on the middle of drive . Light in weight so it is easy to adjust in smaller space .

Just want to raise voice to allow this drive 4k UHD rip . Can you please send me the weblink,email or community support forum address to deliver my grievances .
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

You should try now.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:23 pm
You should try now.
Where should I try ! Tell me the forum to raise voice .
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Check this:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21503&start=30

Makemkv needs to have online access to load a new SDF.bin. Hopefully your Pioneer is also supported. No need to flash firmware.
Umer Shahzad

Post by Umer Shahzad »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:28 pm
Check this:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21503&start=30

Makemkv needs to have online access to load a new SDF.bin. Hopefully your Pioneer is also supported. No need to flash firmware.
Kindly further elaborate it . What should I do ?