need original firmware 1.05 for WH16NS40

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
whodiini

need original firmware 1.05 for WH16NS40

Post by whodiini »

Hi

I need to flash the original firmware back so I can return the drive. Tried to rip 2 blurays and both gave errors each time - different ones each time with same brand new disk. Does anyone know where I can get it V1.05.

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: need original firmware 1.05 for WH16NS40

Post by Woodstock »

First, restoring the firmware is not necessary.

Second, "brand new disk" is not a guarantee of no problems. Read through the "if you are experiencing errors" topic in the Bluray forum.

I received a not-yet-released BD (received Monday, official release date NEXT Tuesday) that had rotational scratches on it. Fortunately, I was able to read the disk, with retries. It was sealed in original packaging.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MartyMcNuts

Re: need original firmware 1.05 for WH16NS40

Post by MartyMcNuts »

whodiini wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 am
Hi

I need to flash the original firmware back so I can return the drive. Tried to rip 2 blurays and both gave errors each time - different ones each time with same brand new disk. Does anyone know where I can get it V1.05.

Thanks
Original flashers are here: viewtopic.php?p=106577#p106577
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com