Full Size Desktop 4K UHD Drive

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
leosantare

Full Size Desktop 4K UHD Drive

Post by leosantare »

Hello,

Do you think a full size, desktop 4K UHD drive that can rip 4K UHD discs in makeMKV will ever become available?

Rather than changing firmware, (flashing) a drive, do you think makeMKV will release an update for ripping 4K UHD discs?

Thank you,
Woodstock

Re: Full Size Desktop 4K UHD Drive

Post by Woodstock »

They used to be available. I own two of them.

Then the manufacturers introduced new firmware to stop it from working.

Firmware flashing is putting back in the capabilities they manufacturers are disabling, in order to comply with their licenses to build UHD drives.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

What models are they? I might be able to find one.

Do you have firmware that works for the LG wh16ns60?

I just tried one and it doesn't work. I at least want to put the firmware back to stock.

Thank you,
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

leosantare wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:53 am
What models are they? I might be able to find one.

Do you have firmware that works for the LG wh16ns60?

I just tried one and it doesn't work. I at least want to put the firmware back to stock.

Thank you,
Huh, many of us have WH16NS60's and they work just fine ripping UHD.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

Does anyone have firmware for the LG WH16NS60 that actually works for ripping UHD in makeMKV?

I tried getting firmware from Billycar11 but it did not work.

If there is working firmware for LG WH16NS60 or any other full size desktop drive, I will go with UHD discs. If not, I will just stick with blu ray discs. Either way, I just want to get this done.

Thank you,
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

leosantare wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:41 pm
Does anyone have firmware for the LG WH16NS60 that actually works for ripping UHD in makeMKV?

If there is working firmware for LG WH16NS60 or any other full size desktop drive, I will go with UHD discs. If not, I will just stick with blu ray discs. Either way, I just want to get this done.

Thank you,
Have you looked at the 1st post of the Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2022?
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

Yes, I have. How is it helpful, I don't see a firmware download. I already mentioned that I got firmware from Billy and it did not work.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Guys this drive is defective but he think it's the firmwares fault I returned him back to stock as he requested and all for free as my remote flash policy is you pay after it works if it does not it's free.

They do not understand my de firmware from me and Marty will be bit for bit exact mk firmware is different but I don't think it's going to help any.

Now please stop saying my firmware does not work it is your drive I'm sorry it's defective for UHD but it still works as it did before. Stop wasting your time searching for magic firmware that works on defective drives it does not exist the only thing that may help is cleaning your laser.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

leosantare wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:41 pm

Thank you,
You are missing logic and basic computer skills. Please unload your shotgun and go back to a calm adult discussion.
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

How is your reply helpful in anyway? Does anyone one out there understand what I am asking?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

leosantare wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:23 am
How is your reply helpful in anyway? Does anyone one out there understand what I am asking?
we understand but you dont understand the problem is not the firmware it is your drive or discs
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

I am having a hard time understanding that my drive is defective, when it works fine unless I try to rip a UHD disc in makeMKV. However, I will take your word for it.

I apologize for saying that your firmware doesn't work. Although, I was saying it didn't work for me and I'm not saying it will not work for everyone.

Like my original post asked, which full-size desktop drives work with UHD discs in makeMKV? I am trying to purchase one.

Thank you,
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

leosantare wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:32 am
I am having a hard time understanding that my drive is defective, when it works fine unless I try to rip a UHD disc in makeMKV. However, I will take your word for it.

I apologize for saying that your firmware doesn't work. Although, I was saying it didn't work for me and I'm not saying it will not work for everyone.

Like my original post asked, which full-size desktop drives work with UHD discs in makeMKV? I am trying to purchase one.

Thank you,
WH16NS60
WH16NS40
WH14NS40
BH16NS55
BH16NS40
ASUS BW-16D1HT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

Out of all the LG drives you listed, does one have a better chance of working when ripping UHD discs in makeMKV?

Whichever, LG drive I decide to get, will it need to be flashed?

If so, will the firmware be exactly the same regardless of which LG drive I get?

Thank you,
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

leosantare wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 am
Out of all the LG drives you listed, does one have a better chance of working when ripping UHD discs in makeMKV?

Whichever, LG drive I decide to get, will it need to be flashed?

If so, will the firmware be exactly the same regardless of which LG drive I get?

Thank you,
The drives have the same internals except the WH16NS60 which also has it's AACS 2.0 chip. Each drives firmware is just a little different, so basically they are all the same. No drive will be better than another. It's just bad luck that you got a dud drive. I have a WH16NS60 and BH16NS55 and they both rip UHD and blu ray discs just fine.

Yes, all drives need to be flashed.