Failed to flash: LG BP50NB40 - Doesnt change firmware type

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
momoster69

Failed to flash: LG BP50NB40 - Doesnt change firmware type

Post by momoster69 »

Hi Ya'll,

I am struggling to flash this drive. I think I have flashed it correctly but it keeps failing to rip my The Martian UHD but its fine with normal blu-rays (tremors comes out great). It spews a bunch of errors at what I believe is a specific point of the disc - a sector. I flashed it with the corresponding firmware from the "all the firmwares you need" pack but when I look into the makemkv drive info - it doesn't provide the "flashed drive" details - The firmware is original and unpatched... Also the UHD doesnt load up in VLC.

I tried to flash with the Marty's SDFtool Flasher and through Power Shell. No change. According to SDFtool Flasher, theres no encrypted firmware on it.

Drive Details: Image

MakeMKV: Image
Billycar11

Re: Failed to flash: LG BP50NB40 - Doesnt change firmware type

Post by Billycar11 »

If you see the disc you flashed it right.
What error are you getting time out on logical unit?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
momoster69

Post by momoster69 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:29 pm
If you see the disc you flashed it right.
What error are you getting time out on logical unit?
most of the time is this:

Code: Select all

Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom1' at offset '16207706112'
DEBUG: Code 3221225628 at |v@gGwTzroP3Y(T6Kw:29395149
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00011.m2ts' at offset '16208424960'
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom1' at offset '16208424960'
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom1' at offset '16208424960'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00011.m2ts' at offset '16208424960'
DEBUG: Code 100864261 at |v@gGwTzroP3Y(T6Kw:29395149
I have tried wiping and cleaning the disk - there are some scratches but it should be still good you know - It even freaks out at the exact same output size: 15166.4M
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

momoster69 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:45 am
Hi Ya'll,

I am struggling to flash this drive. I think I have flashed it correctly but it keeps failing to rip my The Martian UHD but its fine with normal blu-rays (tremors comes out great). It spews a bunch of errors at what I believe is a specific point of the disc - a sector. I flashed it with the corresponding firmware from the "all the firmwares you need" pack but when I look into the makemkv drive info - it doesn't provide the "flashed drive" details - The firmware is original and unpatched... Also the UHD doesnt load up in VLC.

I tried to flash with the Marty's SDFtool Flasher and through Power Shell. No change. According to SDFtool Flasher, theres no encrypted firmware on it.

Yeah, it's flashed correctly. BU40N 1.00 is an original firmware that works with UHD. The main thing is that LibreDrive is enabled.

Make sure you are using both USB plugs because the drive won't get enough juice out of just 1 USB port. 2 ports are needed for both power and data.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
momoster69

Post by momoster69 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:22 pm
momoster69 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:45 am
Hi Ya'll,

Yeah, it's flashed correctly. BU40N 1.00 is an original firmware that works with UHD. The main thing is that LibreDrive is enabled.

Make sure you are using both USB plugs because the drive won't get enough juice out of just 1 USB port. 2 ports are needed for both power and data.

Hi Thanks for the reply,

The power idea did come to me and so I powered the drive with the main data usb into the pc and the second usb plug into my phone charger (5v 1A) - it should be plenty but it still gets stuck in the same bit... could be the disc is too scratched to read as I noticed its always around the same time.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

yeah thats probably a disc error if it scratched
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com