Loading a UHD image

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Bleachmech

Loading a UHD image

Post by Bleachmech »

Does anyone know if I rip a 100% UHD iso, then mount it as an image, if a software blu-ray player such as PowerDVD or VLC will recognize and play it with all the audio and HDR options intact (assuming the player supports them)?
Does anyone have success stories using this method (since ripping to mkv or mp4 seems so problematic with the various 4K situations)?
Woodstock

Re: Loading a UHD image

Post by Woodstock »

If you create an ISO from the disk, it will still have the copy protections in place. Software that can directly play UHDs will refuse to work from a copy. Those that don't, won't have the key to open the files.

Why do you say ripping to MKV or MP4 is problematic? Ripping to MKV, as long as the key is available, you end up with an unencrypted file, and VLC should play it just fine.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Bleachmech wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:23 pm
Does anyone know if I rip a 100% UHD iso, then mount it as an image, if a software blu-ray player such as PowerDVD or VLC will recognize and play it with all the audio and HDR options intact (assuming the player supports them)?
Does anyone have success stories using this method (since ripping to mkv or mp4 seems so problematic with the various 4K situations)?
For this method you need to rip to folder with Makemkv. Then convert these to an ISO. Load the ISO with the e.g. free tool Virtual Clone Drive. Your software player will play this "disc" just fine.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:38 am
For this method you need to rip to folder with Makemkv. Then convert these to an ISO. Load the ISO with the e.g. free tool Virtual Clone Drive. Your software player will play this "disc" just fine.
Most times for now I think there is only 1 UHD disc with fake playlists and that's midway. That won't work with this method it will just give a bad playlist.
And you will need powerDVD 19 or later they work for this unofficial playback type 17 and 18 will just show a black screen because they are good obviously.
And vlc will work fine too.
Or any other player that supports unofficial bluray playback
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com