Hash checks only on my Ryzen 5950x system

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
DudeItsRob

Hash checks only on my Ryzen 5950x system

Post by DudeItsRob »

I have a WH16NS60 and keep getting Hash Check errors on Suicide Squad 4k UHD.
I flashed the firmware successfully, and keep getting the same hash check error on firmware 1.00, 1.02MK, 1.03MK.
SO, I decided to try and replace the drive... and nothing has changed. I've been through 4 units now and they all do the same thing regardless of firmware, even if I try cross flashing.
This is on my Ryzen 5950x on x570 motherboard. My Intel system has a WH16NS40 thats from 2017 and ripped the disc without issue. So I tried putting the WH16NS60 in the intel system and tried again, and now it's working fine. It seems to only be on the Ryzen system that I get the Hash Check error. Can someone please help?

Edit: none of my disc drives seem to work on my Ryzen system (internal sata or via usb) and it's blowing my mind. External LG BP50NB40, WH16NS60, WH16NS40, and ASUS 16D1HT ALL give hash check error on my Ryzen, not intel.... wtf am I doing wrong? The system is running stock bios settings (except XMP profile is turned on, only thing that isn't stock)
Coopervid

Re: Hash checks only on my Ryzen 5950x system

Post by Coopervid »

As a first I would disable that XMP and go to standard RAM timing settings.

Then try various USB ports. The ones provided by the CPU instead odf the chipset are supposed to be more stable.
Same applies to the SATA ports.

Sorry, this is all I can think of right now. If a BIOS update is available that might help as well.