Reading Issues with a BU40N

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Landhund

Reading Issues with a BU40N

Post by Landhund »

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to this whole thing, so apologies in advance for any mistakes or stupid questions.

I've just got my first NAS and wanted to start importing my hoard of old DVDs. But I've started with my 4k LotR Blu-rays.
I'm using a BD-RE HL-DT-ST DE-RE BU40N with a freshly flashed 1.04 firmware (thanks to all the useful tools and guides on this forum!).
At the start everything went super smooth, drive and disc get detected and import runs at a nice 9x to 10x speed to the NAS. Then at just below the 37GB mark, the import halts and it sounds like the drive looses the track or something (repeatedly spins up and down with no real progress). This goes on for almost 20 minutes until it suddenly seems to find the track again and import resumes at a perfectly steady 6x speed.

Has anyone had a similar issue or any idea how i can help my drive skip that whole track finding ordeal?

Thanks in advance.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Reading Issues with a BU40N

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Landhund wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 am
Hello everyone, I'm quite new to this whole thing, so apologies in advance for any mistakes or stupid questions.

I've just got my first NAS and wanted to start importing my hoard of old DVDs. But I've started with my 4k LotR Blu-rays.
I'm using a BD-RE HL-DT-ST DE-RE BU40N with a freshly flashed 1.04 firmware (thanks to all the useful tools and guides on this forum!).
At the start everything went super smooth, drive and disc get detected and import runs at a nice 9x to 10x speed to the NAS. Then at just below the 37GB mark, the import halts and it sounds like the drive looses the track or something (repeatedly spins up and down with no real progress). This goes on for almost 20 minutes until it suddenly seems to find the track again and import resumes at a perfectly steady 6x speed.

Has anyone had a similar issue or any idea how i can help my drive skip that whole track finding ordeal?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, plenty of people have had issues with LotR and GoT discs. They are garbage quality.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
asmcom

Re: Reading Issues with a BU40N

Post by asmcom »

Landhund wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 am

Thanks in advance.
Flash 1.03mk and it should work better.

Asmcom
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387