CXUHD+Lg-BH16NS55

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Coopervid

Re: CXUHD+Lg-BH16NS55

Post by Coopervid »

Backups with the Pioneer and the mentioned BD-DL 50GB discs work when burned at 2x
BD-XL only works up to 66GB
M-Discs might not work and are expensive
50GB discs or larger burned with the LG drive are of bad quality in the first place
elmarmolejo

Post by elmarmolejo »

:cry:

it's a chore
what I want to achieve cannot be done with technology and with the player I have.

in that case, I am sorry to say that at the moment I am not going to invest money in something that does not cover my need.
Why buy the pioneer burner if I can't do the backups the way I want to do them?

But we have to be positive, we keep in touch just in case there is a solution in a short space of time.
For both the CXUHD and the burner.
:D
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

elmarmolejo wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:23 am

it's a chore
what I want to achieve cannot be done with technology and with the player I have.

in that case, I am sorry to say that at the moment I am not going to invest money in something that does not cover my need.

But we have to be positive, we keep in touch just in case there is a solution in a short space of time.
The technology is here, you can backup to a digital file and store on your NAS, Computer or External Hard Drive. We have wonderful things like the Dune 4K Player, Zappiti Player 4K Player, Zidoo 4K Player and of course our much loved Oppo 203 or 205.

Correction: The CXUHD player can play network files similar go the Oppo.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
Last edited by asmcom on Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

I think the fake Oppo M9702 I have is perfect. Google for the successors M9701 or M9703. Store everything on hard discs , play from there. Don't forget to do backups.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:10 pm
I think the fake Oppo M9702 I have is perfect. Google for the successors M9701 or M9703. Store everything on hard discs , play from there. Don't forget to do backups.
Thanks for letting me know this information. Out of interest how does it perform?

I would be interested in purchasing. Have you compared to original.

I am still learning every day.

Thanks
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

It is perfect. I ordered it via the Spanish forum avpasion.com. They also sell the successor. I had written a guide for mine but I didn't do an update for the new units. Some things like the duty process is most likely different. Let me know if you want alink to the old guide.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:56 pm
It is perfect. I ordered it via the Spanish forum avpasion.com. They also sell the successor. I had written a guide for mine but I didn't do an update for the new units. Some things like the duty process is most likely different. Let me know if you want alink to the old guide.
Yes please, send me link. I am going to order one of these to try. Thanks for the information.
I found their eBay store.

elmarmolejo

Post by elmarmolejo »

asmcom wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:09 pm
elmarmolejo wrote:

it's a chore

The technology is here, you can backup to a digital file and store on your NAS, Computer or External Hard Drive. We have wonderful things like the Dune 4K Player, Zappiti Player 4K Player, Zidoo 4K Player and of course our much loved Oppo 203 or 205.

The weak link in your system is the CXUHD player which cannot play digital backups.

Can OPPO read bdxl? 8)

I hope I don't break the forum rules by saying this:

If anyone is interested in the lg BH16NS55 burner let me know.
He has only burned 2 discs
I live in Madrid, (Spain)
RiotNrrrd

Re: CXUHD+LG-BH16NS55

Post by RiotNrrrd »

elmarmolejo wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:55 am
I have burned 2 Verbatim disc "BDXL 100GB" with the drive "LG-BH16NS55" kindly sold by asmcom 8)
But when I insert the disc in the Cambridge Audio CXUHD player, it reads the disc 1 out of 7 times.
The other 6 times I get the error message unknown disc.
I can't help with the disc read errors but I just wanted you to know that I also have the same Cambridge Audio CXUHD player and LG (HL-DT-ST) BH16NS55 BD-RE drive (firmware 1.02) combo that you have.

I have used it to do full-disc 4K UHD rips to my Mac mini's RAID unit, and then played the burned rip on my CXUHD over an NFS share and it works perfectly.

While I realize that if you re-burn a disc from your full-disc rip as a backup then you wouldn't have to worry about issues with network playback (or deal with NFS or SMB/SAMBA issues), I just thought you might be interested to know that it works just fine.

(I would probably go the same way as you're trying to do, but I'm lazy and I already have the backup on my RAID disks, so I didn't feel the need to re-burn a physical copy from the full-disc backup.)
RiotNrrrd

Post by RiotNrrrd »

asmcom wrote:

The weak link in your system is the CXUHD player which cannot play digital backups.
That is absolutely 100% wrong. :roll:

The CXUHD is an Oppo 203 clone and can play digital files over the network from NFS, SMB or UPnP. I have one and do this all the time.
RiotNrrrd

Post by RiotNrrrd »

asmcom wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:33 pm
elmarmolejo wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:31 am
So, reading this post that you just published I came to the following conclusion (forgive me if I have not understood, guys):
If I buy the Pioneer burner and use BDXL discs for my backups, the problem will continue to appear.
Because whatever disk I use, the CXUHD will continue to give me reading and layer break problems.
I'm wrong?
Yes this is correct. However a BD50 and BD66 should work. But you would have to shrink the movie or just select the titles and audio you want.
You guys are trying to convince this poor Spanish person to buy two Blu-ray drives and to remux 4K UHD discs, instead of just recommending he play his FULL-DISC backups over the network (or via USB stick)?

C'mon ... :roll:
elmarmolejo

Post by elmarmolejo »

RiotNrrrd wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:53 pm
asmcom wrote:
elmarmolejo wrote:
So, reading this post that you just published I came to the following conclusion (forgive me if I have not understood, guys):
If I buy the Pioneer burner and use BDXL discs for my backups, the problem will continue to appear.
Because whatever disk I use, the CXUHD will continue to give me reading and layer break problems.
I'm wrong?
Yes this is correct. However a BD50 and BD66 should work. But you would have to shrink the movie or just select the titles and audio you want.
You guys are trying to convince this poor Spanish person to buy two Blu-ray drives and to remux 4K UHD discs, instead of just recommending he play his FULL-DISC backups over the network (or via USB stick)?

Do not worry nothing happens :-)
If I am asking about the backups made on BDXL discs, it is because I am a collector and I like to put the "two worlds" together: The best image masters and add audio in Spanish while preserving the menus and special features that do not reach Spain.
And besides all that, make my printed covers and put it all in a nice BD box.

Let's see if I get a solution.

Anyone else who can confirm that the CXUHD does not read Verbatim BDXL?
Or that the same thing happens to me?

Thanks for your time
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

RiotNrrrd wrote:
asmcom wrote:
elmarmolejo wrote:
I'm wrong?

This is not correct. I have advised this gentleman in several ebay messages that the best solution is to play over the network and also recommended setup to do this.

This is brilliant news that the CXUHD can play ISO files over the network. I know it is hit and miss with playing full image backups on BDXL 100GB discs.

Hopefully I will have one of these CXUHD players in the next week as my Linn dealer is letting me try demo unit, then I will compare with my Dune 4k Ultra and original Oppo 203.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

elmarmolejo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:27 am
asmcom wrote:
elmarmolejo wrote:

it's a chore

The weak link in your system is the CXUHD player which cannot play digital backups. I take this back. I now know the CXUHD is Oppo clone and can do much the same as an Oppo apart from Analogue outputs.

Can OPPO read bdxl? 8)

I hope I don't break the forum rules by saying this:

If anyone is interested in the lg BH16NS55 burner let me know.
He has only burned 2 discs
I live in Madrid, (Spain)
I believe your drive is burning discs perfectly. The problem is my Oppo 203 only plays BDXL 2 layer discs and 100GB discs will not work.

As I said to you before if you want to read 4k discs and edit you will need a drive to read the 4k movies, UHD Friendly or Official Drive.

I believe the CXUHD player is a serious piece of kit and after down loading the manual today I can see it is capable network player. I take back my weakest link comment, so sorry about that. I look forward to trying out the Cambridge Audio CXUHD Player. My HiFi dealer told me it is not compatible with BDXL 100GB discs.

I am not aware of a stand alone 4k Blu-ray player that can play these BDXL 3 layer 100GB discs. So, back to your original problem you want to backup and edit your 3 layer 4k movies and then burn onto BDXL 100GB discs and in turn play these authored discs in your CXUHD player which I believe is not possible.

I did say to you initially could your CXUHD not play over network from storage and in fairness this is not what you wanted.

Sorry I can not help you out with your issue of not being able to play your authored BDXL 100GB discs in your CXUHD player. I will let you know how I get on with my CXUHD demo player by email.

RiotNrrrd

Post by RiotNrrrd »

asmcom wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:37 pm
RiotNrrrd wrote:
asmcom wrote:

This is not correct. I have advised this gentleman in several eBay messages that the best solution is to play over the network and also recommended a setup to do this.

This is brilliant news that the CXUHD can play ISO files over the network. I know it is hit and miss with playing full image backups on BDXL 100GB discs.
I didn't say the CXUHD could play ISO files over the network. I said it could play media over the network. I play MKVs, AVIs, MP4s etc. over the network on mine.

But otherwise given the fact that the CXUHD is an Oppo 203 clone, it can't play ISO images over the network unless you install *cough* "alternate" firmware.