Issue with Asus BW-16D1HT FW v3.02

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
fenton

Issue with Asus BW-16D1HT FW v3.02

Post by fenton »

During reading 4K uhd Blu-ray the drive gets stuck and the ripping time goes up and up, the drive is brand new but when it gets stuck the drive makes a buzzing sound and clicks but never reads the disk further so the ripping remains at 50% complete (progress bad half way)

I do you think it could be the firmware or a faulty drive?
dcoke22

Re: Issue with Asus BW-16D1HT FW v3.02

Post by dcoke22 »

Does this happen on 1 disc or multiple discs?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

I wonder how you got a brand new drive with firmware 3.02. This is very fishy....
fenton

Post by fenton »

dcoke22 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:08 pm
Does this happen on 1 disc or multiple discs?
Multiple discs, I have a 90% success rate when ripping but some times I have to open the drive and start again but it’s very loud and also fails to burn blank disks
fenton

Post by fenton »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:10 pm
I wonder how you got a brand new drive with firmware 3.02. This is very fishy....
The seller claimed it was brand new and that they opened it to flash the firmware. I am not certain, but I may invest in a new LG laptop drive from the list and flash it myself, that way I know it’s brand new.
fenton

Post by fenton »

Anyway I’ve ordered a BU40N and a usb enclosure for it. I will use my old laptop to flash it with the right firmware and then stick it in an enclosure. I am pretty sure the LG should be reliable as it’s brand new and factory sealed