Archgon MD-8107S-U3YC-UHD

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
martijnspaan

Archgon MD-8107S-U3YC-UHD

Post by martijnspaan »

Hello everybody,

im new to this, and just bought 2 x Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD.

I try to flash with the SDF or the modified ASUS tool to DE- BU40N firmware, but nothing happens.. reading the firmware with the tool..also..it creates the directory and nothing happens.

In MakeMKV: Asus - DRW-24F1MT

Can somebody tell me what to do? or which firmware to use?

thank you very much!!
MartyMcNuts

Re: Archgon MD-8107S-U3YC-UHD

Post by MartyMcNuts »

martijnspaan wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:06 pm
Hello everybody,

im new to this, and just bought 2 x Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD.

I try to flash with the SDF or the modified ASUS tool to DE- BU40N firmware, but nothing happens.. reading the firmware with the tool..also..it creates the directory and nothing happens.

In MakeMKV: Asus - DRW-24F1MT

Can somebody tell me what to do? or which firmware to use?

thank you very much!!
1. Make sure you are using windows 10 (not a VM)
2. Make sure you have MakeMKV installed (v1.15.2 or above).
3. Make sure you have .NET Framework 4.7.2 or above.
4. With the drive, make sure you have either both USB plugs inserted (to 2 separate USB ports) or use the USB-C cable if possible.

I assume these come with firmware 1.01. If so, you can flash directly to DE BU40N 1.00 using either SDFtool or the ASUS flasher.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
martijnspaan

Post by martijnspaan »

Hello Goodmorning

ok... interesting.. im doing this remotely, so I will setup a new session later today to check the connections and .NET version.

So...the type: Asus - DRW-24F1MT ... that should work with the DE BU40N 1.00?
also.. im now getting firmware: 1.00...

thanks for your swift response
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

martijnspaan wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:21 am
Hello Goodmorning

ok... interesting.. im doing this remotely, so I will setup a new session later today to check the connections and .NET version.

So...the type: Asus - DRW-24F1MT ... that should work with the DE BU40N 1.00?
also.. im now getting firmware: 1.00...

thanks for your swift response
Send your makemkv drive info it should not be showing up as asus I'm guessing that's your built in drive
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
martijnspaan

Post by martijnspaan »

I feel so stupid!!!

you were right..it was the internal SATA drive... the second usb connector was plugged into a non functioning port.
after the drive was plugged in right... just like you said.. firmware 1.0.1... 10 seconds for flashing....done..working 1.00 uhd, libre etc etc etc...working..easy peasy.

thanks!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

martijnspaan wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:41 pm
I feel so stupid!!!

you were right..it was the internal SATA drive... the second usb connector was plugged into a non functioning port.
after the drive was plugged in right... just like you said.. firmware 1.0.1... 10 seconds for flashing....done..working 1.00 uhd, libre etc etc etc...working..easy peasy.

thanks!
Good stuff!! Enjoy!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com