Unable to Install MK Firmware Using the SDFlasher Tool

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Chris Kelly

Unable to Install MK Firmware Using the SDFlasher Tool

Post by Chris Kelly »

My new LG WH16NS60 just arrived from New Egg. I checked the label and it was manufactured in February of 2021 with ROM 1.03 factory loaded. When I connected the drive, turned it on, and opened MakeMKV, this is what showed up as I anticipated.
Drive Info as Shown in MakeMKV.png
Drive Info as Shown in MakeMKV.png (43.73 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
I tried flashing it with the 2019 edition of the Modified ASUS flasher and got this error, which I was also anticipating since the factory loaded firmware is encrypted.
Error when Using Modified ASUS Flasher.png
Error when Using Modified ASUS Flasher.png (21.62 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
I extracted the SDFTool Flasher into the folder with the MK patch for 1.03.
Where I Extracted the SDFTool Flasher.png
Where I Extracted the SDFTool Flasher.png (37.79 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
I can't read small print nor use a mouse. So instead, I use the Microsoft Narrator and the NVDA talking apps to help me read my screen and depend on keyboard access, including navigating with the tab and arrow keys, which I had no problem doing with the modified ASUS flasher. When launching the SDFTool Flasher, I was able to choose the "Write" screen, and then choose the WH16NS60 by tabbing to the drive selection area and then arrowing down. However, after tabbing over to the firmware selection area, I was unable to choose the firmware. I even tried hitting ENTER, the space bar, etc. on the firmware selection area with no results. [attachment]SDFTool Write Screen.png[/attachment] I attempted to post screenshots of my steps so you guys could get an idea of what's going on. But is there any means or way developers such as Marty, Mike, SamuriHL, etc. could add flashing to drives with encrypted firmware to the 2019 version of the Modified ASUS Flasher, or keyboard functionality to the SDFTool Flasher "Write" screen? Thank you. Since I might return this to New Egg in thirty days if it has trouble reading some of my 4K UHD Blu-rays, for now, I guess I would have to ask a family member or friend to navigate the physical mouse on the SDFTool Flasher "Write" screen FOR me.
Chris Kelly

Re: Unable to Install MK Firmware Using the SDFlasher Tool

Post by Chris Kelly »

Apparently the screenshot of the SDFTool Flasher "Write" screen didn't make it in my beginning post. Here it is.
SDFTool Flasher Write Screen.png
SDFTool Flasher Write Screen.png (17.74 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Chris Kelly wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:37 am
Apparently the screenshot of the SDFTool Flasher "Write" screen didn't make it in my beginning post. Here it is. SDFTool Flasher Write Screen.png
WH16NS60 1.03 is an encrypted firmware. Using SDFtool Flasher, check the "enc?" box and it should work just fine.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

i believe he is having trouble because he cant navigate the sdf tool with tab and narrator on the keyboard.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com