Drive Not Seeing Movies Anymore

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Vertigo99

Drive Not Seeing Movies Anymore

Post by Vertigo99 »

I have an LG WH16NS60 that was working great and seeing all data disks and movie disks, DVD, blue Ray, and UHD. It worked great with MakeMKV and AnyDVD.
The suddenly, it will no longer recognize ANY type of movie disk. It will still see data disks, but any movie disk, from DVD on up to UHD, it does not know that a disk has even been inserted. Even Windows File Manager does not recognize that a movie disk has been inserted. MakeMKV and AnyDVD do not recognize that a disk has been inserted. The drive had been using firmware 1.05, which seemed to work just fine before it stopped recognizing movie disks. To see if the firmware was the problem, I downgraded the firmware to 1.02, which is recommended, but that did not change anything. All data disks are just seen, read, and written just fine, but it does not recognize ANY movie disk that is inserted.

Is this a drive failure, or is something else going on? I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on that box, with a full reformat of the hard drive. But after the reinstall, the drive is still having the same movie problem. Any help would be appreciated.
:wink:
Someguy1234

Re: Drive Not Seeing Movies Anymore

Post by Someguy1234 »

This is happening to me as well. I have a thread with more details and I suspected it was because I was using AnyDVD HD trial with MakeMKV. Just check my name and you’ll see my thread about my problems that are almost identical.
Someguy1234

Re: Drive Not Seeing Movies Anymore

Post by Someguy1234 »

Here’s the thread I have posted.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25191&p=108397#p108397