Can't decide which drive to get

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
vetting

Can't decide which drive to get

Post by vetting »

I am in the making of buying a drive with enclosure from one of the vendors here on the forum. After reading many post about the drives, I can't come to a conclusion about which drive to get. Some say the ASUS BW-16D1HT is a workhorese, and the one to get. Som say the LG WH16NS60 is the fastest and the best. Some say both these drives are prone to die on you with about 50 rips. Some say the best to get is the LG BU40N beacuse it will not fail you.

Well... I love makeMKV, and I need a new drive to rip my blurays. What do you guys recomend?
Billycar11

Re: Can't decide which drive to get

Post by Billycar11 »

I recommend the BU40N they have a low fail rate.
All the 5.25 desktop drives are the same if your going to get any of those get the cheapest WH14NS40
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
vetting

Post by vetting »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:38 pm
I recommend the BU40N they have a low fail rate.
All the 5.25 desktop drives are the same if your going to get any of those get the cheapest WH14NS40
Thank you for your recommendation :)
Last edited by vetting on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

vetting wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:58 pm
I am in the making of buying a drive with enclosure from one of the vendors here on the forum. After reading many post about the drives, I can't come to a conclusion about which drive to get. Some say the ASUS BW-16D1HT is a workhorese, and the one to get. Som say the LG WH16NS60 is the fastest and the best. Some say both these drives are prone to die on you with about 50 rips. Some say the best to get is the LG BU40N beacuse it will not fail you.

Well... I love makeMKV, and I need a new drive to rip my blurays. What do you guys recomend?
I recommend BH16NS55. I have no faulty drives in the last 300 drives. Amazing product. Also BU40N is a very good drive, but can not handle speed control.

Kind Regards

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
vetting

Post by vetting »

asmcom wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:45 pm
vetting wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:58 pm

I recommend BH16NS55. I have no faulty drives in the last 300 drives. Amazing product. Also BU40N is a very good drive, but can not handle speed control.

Kind Regards

Asmcom :mrgreen:
Thank you for your recommendation :)