drive not recognized by MakeMKV - can I work around this?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
makehelpmkv

drive not recognized by MakeMKV - can I work around this?

Post by makehelpmkv »

Hi, I am very new to ripping Blu Ray discs.

I bought an external Optiarc BC-5500A drive. However, it is not recognized by MakeMKV and I have tried everything (old versions, reboot, plugging it in again and again..). There is no clear answer when I google this problem.

When I try to open the BDMV\index.bdmv file it says "the folder F: appears to be a root folder on optical drive, however drive can't be accessed by the program. the operation will most likely fail"

and then it works for a bit and says "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted"
Failed to open disc

When I copy the files to my HDD first (drag+drop) then open BDMV\index.bdmv it gives me the same error (cant be decrypted).

What can I do to bypass this? I don't mind a workaround, as long as it works. I have already given up on making it recognize the drive.
makehelpmkv

Re: drive not recognized by MakeMKV - can I work around this?

Post by makehelpmkv »

Oh well, after dealing with this for 10 hours I downloaded DVDFab, which just works. So there seems to be something wrong with makemkv drive recognition?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

and then it works for a bit and says "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted"
Failed to open disc
Both Fixing Volume Key is Unknown and UHD FAQ cover your issue. Did you read either one?

We're doing a survey to see whether putting things at the top of the forum makes them invisible to new users.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

makehelpmkv wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:43 pm
Hi, I am very new to ripping Blu Ray discs.

I bought an external Optiarc BC-5500A drive. However, it is not recognized by MakeMKV and I have tried everything (old versions, reboot, plugging it in again and again..). There is no clear answer when I google this problem.

When I try to open the BDMV\index.bdmv file it says "the folder F: appears to be a root folder on optical drive, however drive can't be accessed by the program. the operation will most likely fail"

Failed to open disc

When I copy the files to my HDD first (drag+drop) then open BDMV\index.bdmv it gives me the same error (cant be decrypted).

What can I do to bypass this? I don't mind a workaround, as long as it works. I have already given up on making it recognize the drive.
i think your problem is windows ransom ware protection turn it off and test then turn it back on and add makemkv as an exception
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com