ASUS BW-16D1HT replacement

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
LuKiMa

ASUS BW-16D1HT replacement

Post by LuKiMa »

Hello

I bought an ASUS BW-16D1HT in Feb this year. So far I have ripped three UHD disks successfully. But this Monster Hunter UHD is not working.

I am getting Read errors.
I even replaced the disc twice but   all the time disc not going beyond 47-48%
I tried to copy files directly but had the same issue.
Drive is patched with LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

I do not know if it is my unit issue or disc. Because the seller said it's only me who has an issue with UHD whereas no one else made such complaints so far. Even the UHD disc is playing fine in his Sony and Samsung UHD players. But to me it is giving read error on both UHDs First I received and replacement. I am confused what to do now.
Should I submit drive unit in RMA or what? I do not have any friends who have a UHD ROM. But the UHD Blu-ray Players disc is working fine.
What to do now? And more importantly if I do submit my unit in RMA, will they accept with patched firmware or should I convert firmware to original firmware, if yes, then how can I do it?
Billycar11

Re: ASUS BW-16D1HT replacement

Post by Billycar11 »

Buy a BU40N
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Have you tried cleaning the disc? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055

The data density of UHDs is pretty high compared to a regular blu-ray and especially a DVD. Consequently, a drive's ability to cope with any dirt or other interference is less. Even brand new discs can sometimes have a nearly invisible film on them.

In my experience, I've found having two different drives greatly increases the odds of getting a good rip. If one drive won't read a disc, almost always the other one will.
LuKiMa

Post by LuKiMa »

@dcoke22 Yes, I did clean the disc and replace as well.
I do not know what the issue here.
If I submit my unit in RMA, will it get replaced as I have patched the firmware. Can it revert back to original?
And getting second unit is not an easy option at the movement. Because my current one is just two months old.