steps to reflash?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
boiledsnowman

Re: steps to reflash?

Post by boiledsnowman »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 am
I was hoping that if you could get BP50NB40_1.01-MK onto it, you could then try the recover option again, selecting the BP50NB40_1.01-MK as the incorrect file, then select your original firmware bin file in the drop box.
Yeah, unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case. I've tried to Recover it as you described and also tried writing it directly, but neither works. Whenever I try the Recover option, it doesn't even seem to do anything: it doesn't go through the "Programming Flash" step. It just immediately finishes.

Is this behavior possibly because my firmware dump is version 1.00 and the firmware currently on there is 1.01? And if so, how can I go about modifying my firmware to get around this?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

boiledsnowman wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:16 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 am
I was hoping that if you could get BP50NB40_1.01-MK onto it, you could then try the recover option again, selecting the BP50NB40_1.01-MK as the incorrect file, then select your original firmware bin file in the drop box.
Yeah, unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case. I've tried to Recover it as you described and also tried writing it directly, but neither works. Whenever I try the Recover option, it doesn't even seem to do anything: it doesn't go through the "Programming Flash" step. It just immediately finishes.

Is this behavior possibly because my firmware dump is version 1.00 and the firmware currently on there is 1.01? And if so, how can I go about modifying my firmware to get around this?
No it is not because of your firmware version. It will be because your original firmware is for NB40. I'm afraid you might be s**t out of luck on this one.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
boiledsnowman

Post by boiledsnowman »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:13 pm
No it is not because of your firmware version. It will be because your original firmware is for NB40. I'm afraid you might be s**t out of luck on this one.
That is unfortunate, but thank you for all the help!