SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Jman5150

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by Jman5150 »

i downloaded the updated sdf tool flasher and it gave me an error when trying to open it (its from 2020 the first one in this thread)...is this normal or is there another update somewhere? its for lg wh16ns40. it seems to have gotten more difficult since i flashed my last drive of that make a few years ago.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:13 am
i downloaded the updated sdf tool flasher and it gave me an error when trying to open it (its from 2020 the first one in this thread)...is this normal or is there another update somewhere? its for lg wh16ns40. it seems to have gotten more difficult since i flashed my last drive of that make a few years ago.
What is the error?

Also, there are 2 versions of the flasher available. Both links are in the first post.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:27 pm
Coopervid wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:54 pm
It looks like you flashed your drive successfully? Now try to rip an UHD.
@Coopervid, Nah, he's only on BP50NB40 1.03-MK, which isn't UHD capable.

@1337_Nerd, Did you follow the steps exactly? If so and step 3 is the issue, can you please try this for step 3.

3. Flash firmware BP60NB10_1.00_MK_HBD. (If you don't already have the hybrid firmware, here is the link: download/file.php?id=2143

If that doesn't work, try the below:

3. Check the box to include the boot loader and flash firmware BP60NB10 1.00-MK.

Let us know how you go and I'll edit the steps.
Thanks for the info. I didn't really know that this drive is special regarding UHDs. I will try to remember. And I always recommended BU40N if anybody was asking for a slim drive. You know that I'm more active over in the RF forum for that software.
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

The flasher I used from a few years ago....It kept saying fail when I tried to flash 1.02, or 1.00 it still says it has the original firmware. there was another flasher (the updated one on this thread on the first page) (i forget what its called will look it up and post) and it gave me an error...looked as if it was already flashed or something like that ( it was allowing me to clear it but it had an x with a warning like it could cause somethign bad) it wasnt flashed. I saw there error in here somewhere will try to find it again.

Basically the problem is the firmware wont budge from the orginal 1.05. its like something is locking it in place. so im assuming im getting outdated stuff to flash it on. will check out the follow up and get back with how it went.

any other advise in the mean time appreciated...is there a way to post pics here to show warnings or such?

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 pm
Jman5150 wrote:
What is the error?

Also, there are 2 versions of the flasher available. Both links are in the first post.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:41 am
The flasher I used from a few years ago....It kept saying fail when I tried to flash 1.02, or 1.00 it still says it has the original firmware. there was another flasher (the updated one on this thread on the first page) (i forget what its called will look it up and post) and it gave me an error...looked as if it was already flashed or something like that ( it was allowing me to clear it but it had an x with a warning like it could cause somethign bad) it wasnt flashed. I saw there error in here somewhere will try to find it again.

Basically the problem is the firmware wont budge from the orginal 1.05. its like something is locking it in place. so im assuming im getting outdated stuff to flash it on. will check out the follow up and get back with how it went.

any other advise in the mean time appreciated...is there a way to post pics here to show warnings or such?

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 pm
Jman5150 wrote:
What is the error?

Ok, a new WH16NS40 with 1.05 firmware can only be flashed using the SDFtool Flasher, due to 1.05 being an encrypted firmware. The newest version of the flasher shoud show you a Green tick for MT1959 drive platform and a green tick to having encrypted firmware.

Now, I'm not sure what firmware you are trying to flash but the recommended firmware for that drive is WH16NS60 1.02-MK (in the "old" folder of the MK firmwre pack). The drive can be flashed to this firmware directly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

oh so is that flasher in this thread too? or elsewhere? is the green tick all in the software once its up and running? I have the 1.02 but not the 1.02mk (not sure what mk means). i found a download earlier called (i forget) something like the everything you need bundle or something....would that one have all of what I need in it?

thank you so much...good to know i dont need to return it and that theres options out there. i was going to get an ASUS but in the reviews there were 2021 reviews saying it was an easy flash and here I am a couple days later....lol.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:23 am
oh so is that flasher in this thread too? or elsewhere? is the green tick all in the software once its up and running? I have the 1.02 but not the 1.02mk (not sure what mk means). i found a download earlier called (i forget) something like the everything you need bundle or something....would that one have all of what I need in it?

thank you so much...good to know i dont need to return it and that theres options out there. i was going to get an ASUS but in the reviews there were 2021 reviews saying it was an easy flash and here I am a couple days later....lol.
This is called the "SDFtool Flasher" thread....

Yeah, that all you need pack from Billy should contain all the common firmwares or you can get the flasher and firmware pack from the first post of this thread.

MK = MakeMKV firmware (firmware modified by the MakeMKV developer to enable LibreDrive and UHD ripping). The firmware pack(s) you download should all contain MK firmware. The firmware's original names have a long group of digits towards the end, so it is simply easier to just call them MK.

The ASUS is a rebadged LG anyway and the flash process is the same. The only difference is the ASUS doesn't contain encrypted firmware.
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

the flasher window is tiny and squished ....it wont let me resize...is that odd...i hope so kinda stuck...too small to read whats what.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:35 am
the flasher window is tiny and squished ....it wont let me resize...is that odd...i hope so kinda stuck...too small to read whats what.
What monitor are you using?
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

macbook pro laptop, 2015 (windows with parellels )

i do have access in this building to normal office monitors but it would take a bit of work since its not mine if that is of importance. also my other windows size fine.

right before the flasher shows up it gives me this warning...

"
Unhandle exception has occured in your application. if you click continue the app will ignore the error and attempt to continue, if you click quit the app will close.object refernce not set to sn instance of an object."

then theres a very long window underneath witha bunch of stuff starting with exception text then a bunch of lines including stdflasher then system.windowa.forms.form.oncreat.....and the lines repeat for awhile till it gets to a bunch of text. i have photos but not sure how to upload if even possible.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:10 am

i do have access in this building to normal office monitors but it would take a bit of work since its not mine if that is of importance. also my other windows size fine.

"
Unhandle exception has occured in your application. if you click continue the app will ignore the error and attempt to continue, if you click quit the app will close.object refernce not set to sn instance of an object."

then theres a very long window underneath witha bunch of stuff starting with exception text then a bunch of lines including stdflasher then system.windowa.forms.form.oncreat.....and the lines repeat for awhile till it gets to a bunch of text. i have photos but not sure how to upload if even possible.
It's not really designed for VM etc. Best to use a windows PC or use the command line.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Jman5150 wrote:
yeah do boot camp not parellels none of the new versions pass though the optical drive enough for flashing anyway even when it is set to pass through.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
papillon121

Post by papillon121 »

hi, can i flash my Asus BC-12D2HT with that tool?
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

ill try it out and see what happens. havnt tried boot camp before. I assume that has something to do with the encryption part? i was able to flash my other drives with my current setup...the older flasher works fine...just doesnt disarm the decryption.

(or thats what I assume papillon121 )\

______
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:28 am
Jman5150 wrote:

"

It's not really designed for VM etc. Best to use a windows PC or use the command line.
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

ill try it out and see what happens. havnt tried boot camp before. I assume that has something to do with the encryption part that vm has issues?

just curious why is it smooshing the window of the flasher (assuming you know or its easy to explain). never seen it before...changed resolutions and didnt change anything.

ill load up bootcamp and install windows.

as far as the command line comment...a bit confused. I was just going to use the apps window. is command line worth trying in my vm setup?

command line...? you mean like in the type commands section? so the windows part doesnt work? or command lines better? what would I type or do you have a thread or link on it. thats a new way for me.

to papillon121 )\

thanks for the post.... in response i use mine for the simpler flashes tooo....i think the encyrption is what makes this a messy one and needs different hardware.