Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Jman5150

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by Jman5150 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:21 am
Jman5150 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:17 am
ill try it out and see what happens. havnt tried boot camp before. I assume that has something to do with the encryption part that vm has issues?

just curious why is it smooshing the window of the flasher (assuming you know or its easy to explain). never seen it before...changed resolutions and didnt change anything.

ill load up bootcamp and install windows.

as far as the command line comment...a bit confused. I was just going to use the apps window. is command line worth trying in my vm setup?

command line...? you mean like in the type commands section? so the windows part doesnt work? or command lines better? what would I type or do you have a thread or link on it. thats a new way for me.

to papillon121 )\

thanks for the post.... in response i use mine for the simpler flashes tooo....i think the encyrption is what makes this a messy one and needs different hardware.
Both versions of SDFTool Flasher work with encrypted firmware. The older version has a checkbox for you to check and the newer version automatically checks and sets the option for you.

The GUI may look a bit deformed if you are using a 4K monitor. You can right click the exe and select properties. In the compatibility tab, click "Change high DPI settings" then under "High DPI scaling override" tick the box and select "System (Enhanced)" in the dropbox.

Hey im back, forgive the delay. I tried the pcs in the bulding and they were way outdated a decade so had too many issues, then Went to bootcamp my macbook pro based on the previous recommendations….however to my disapointment the box is still smoooshed.

Although its smooshed less i can read it a little,then i tried the right click thing and the dpi option didnt pop up.

However found an alt in the setting and now i can…drummm roll…

Read the box!

Its the little victories.

Now lets see if i can flash this momo

Thanks for the guidence
Last edited by Jman5150 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Jman5150 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:07 am

Hey im back, forgive the delay. I tried the pcs in the bulding and they were way outdated a decade so had too many issues, then Went to bootcamp my pc based on the previosu recommendations….however to my disapointment the box is still smoooshed. Although its smoothed less i can read it a little, i tried the right click thing and the dpi option didnt pop up. Is there an alternative in settings? I have a change size of text option and before display changes didnt work. Will keep messing around with it. Hope something sticks its my only easy acess option.
make sure you are right clicking the exe not the program when its opened then it is exactly as marty says if your on windows 10
you can also just change your resolution to 1080p reboot and has scaling at 100% and it should be fine
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 am
Jman5150 wrote:

Hey im back, forgive the delay. I tried the pcs in the bulding and they were way outdated a decade so had too many issues, then Went to bootcamp my pc based on the previosu recommendations….however to my disapointment the box is still smoooshed. Although its smoothed less i can read it a little, i tried the right click thing and the dpi option didnt pop up. Is there an alternative in settings? I have a change size of text option and before display changes didnt work. Will keep messing around with it. Hope something sticks its my only easy acess option.
make sure you are right clicking the exe not the program when its opened then it is exactly as marty says if your on windows 10
you can also just change your resolution to 1080p reboot and has scaling at 100% and it should be fine

I updated it like a min after i published that i found a way to make it work…ill check again to see if i can make the original way work. Either way im groovy now. Thanks!!

Almost there, flasher is up, drive is connected windows sees it however the flasher doesnt. Going to deep dive and make sure everything else newly installed in bootcamp is updated unless someone has an idea.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:13 am
Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 am
Jman5150 wrote:

I updated it like a min after i published that i found a way to make it work…ill check again to see if i can make the original way work. Either way im groovy now. Thanks!!

Almost there, flasher is up, drive is connected windows sees it however the flasher doesnt. Going to deep dive and make sure everything else newly installed in bootcamp is updated unless someone has an idea.
Make sure MakeMKV is installed.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
1337_Nerd

Post by 1337_Nerd »

s.triantafyllidis wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:25 am
1337_Nerd wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:02 am
I followed the steps exactly. I believe step 3 was the issue as the others seemed to change the drive information afterwards. I attempted both of the steps you recommended, flashing the firmware file from the link you sent as well as flashing the firmware and bootloader of the standard BP60NB10 file. Neither of those produced any results. It goes through the process and says it finished successfully, but does not show any changes when I pull up makemkv.
Ok, thanks for the update. You might just have to hold off for a few days or so until we get a resolution for this.
First of all, thank you for your work.

Today, I purchased a BP50NB40 NB52 and also could not flash the BP60NB10 1.00 MK firmware. Then, I tried the following and it worked. I ran SDFtool Flasher v1.3.1 as Administrator, chose the drive and selected "RECOVER Drive". It asked me to choose the wrong firmware the drive was flashed with and I chose BP50NB40 1.03 MK. Also, I checked "Include boot loader?" just in case and do not know if it was necessary. Then I selected the firmware to write the BP60NB10 1.00 MK and pressed "START". After it was successfully flashed, I inserted an UltraHD Blu-Ray into the drive and was able to rip it with MakeMKV v1.16.5. Hope that helps.
This worked for me too after the official instructions didn't work.
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

Doh! Should have seen that one coming…its up!

One last question then ill go back to building my worship alter to you…now that im nervous and dont want to make a mistake that could take hours to fix.

Do i click include boot? I think i had read it was for the encryption but want to make sure.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:29 am
Doh! Should have seen that one coming…its up!

One last question then ill go back to building my worship alter to you…now that im nervous and dont want to make a mistake that could take hours to fix.

Do i click include boot? I think i had read it was for the encryption but want to make sure.
The "include boot" option is only for use with the BP50NB40 SVC:NB52 drive. If using SDFtool flasher v1.3.1, just hover mouse over it to see the tooltip.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
therapy80301

Post by therapy80301 »

So I'm having this error. I thought I did the firmware upgrade correctly, but get this...

Ideas or known facts are appreciated.
Attachments
MKB20_v76_Dune_E3C8.tgz
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
libre.jpg
libre.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 5868 times
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

therapy80301 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:05 am
So I'm having this error. I thought I did the firmware upgrade correctly, but get this...

your firewall is likely blocking hk downloads or you disabled contacting webserver for updates
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

therapy80301 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:05 am

Yes, you flashed the drive successfuly.

Also, to add to what Billy said, the disc you are trying to rip is Dune, which a lot of people are still waiting for decryption keys to be added. You might be in the same boat. If you haven't already, send in the Dune dump file to svq@makemkv.com and exert some patience.
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

ugh still having issues with 4k disks.

i thought i got it

earlier but after a few disk failed wonder if i put in a bluray by accident.

just to retrack
flasher tool 1.3.1
the MT1959 is checked ( it doesnt give the option to uncheck)

its set to write firmware

the drive is assigned

the firmware is 1.02

start

wait till finished.

happy 4k time.

mkv is installed.

what am i missing?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Jman5150 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:13 am
ugh still having issues with 4k disks.

i thought i got it

earlier but after a few disk failed wonder if i put in a bluray by accident.

just to retrack
flasher tool 1.3.1
the MT1959 is checked ( it doesnt give the option to uncheck)

its set to write firmware

the drive is assigned

the firmware is 1.02

start

wait till finished.

happy 4k time.

mkv is installed.

what am i missing?
What's your error?
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

The flasher appears to work fine to me.

However when i put a disk in an try to use a 4k bluray.

Just says no disk. Wont see it. In mac it ejects it. In pc it just sits there. Sees bluray. No error log.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Jman5150 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am
The flasher appears to work fine to me.

However when i put a disk in an try to use a 4k bluray.

Just says no disk. Wont see it. In mac it ejects it. In pc it just sits there. Sees bluray. No error log.
send us your makemkv drive info
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

is this what you need?

Drive Information
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.05
Serial number: KLZL5BA4843
Firmware date: 2120-05-06 14:40
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.05
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

No disc inserted